Child Theme corruption

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Child Theme corruption

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AbZu2
    Participant

My main theme is Elucidate which I use a customized child configuration. The child has become corrupted as if there was no theme used. When I activate the main theme the visualization of the site is correct. Investigating if there is a possibilty that this corruption could have been caused by BPS Pro or if the issue is with the child theme. Have contacted the author of the theme to see what the cause can be, should this not be an issue with BPS, TIA. http://www.abzu2.com

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The only security feature in BPS Pro that could affect your Child theme would be if Child theme files were quarantined by AutoRestore|Quarantine.  Check the Quarantine log file to see if any Child theme files were quarantined.

AbZu2
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. Checked my Quarantine log and the child theme was not affected. The files that do quite often get quarantined are:

Quarantined Filename: php.ini / php.ini.bak and: error_log 

I therefore assume that it is an issue with the child theme, for whatever reason.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can create AutoRestore single file exclude rules for those files so that ARQ does not check those files:

AutoRestore|Quarantine steps for creating wp-content folder and single file exclude rules
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

Look at the most obvious possibilities first. Most likely you have a coding mistake somewhere with your Child Theme. If you made any recent changes to your Child Theme functions.php file then look there first. If you have older copies of your Child Theme files then compare them to your current Child Theme files. This is generally where you want to look first before going too deep and looking at other things.

AbZu2
    Participant

Thanks for all the good info. Much appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.