Commands out of sync – woocommerce

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Commands out of sync – woocommerce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pdlc
    Participant

Hi,

today i find in the php error log file a lot of errors like this one :

WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query INSERT INTO wp_options (option_name, option_value, autoload) VALUES ('_transient_woocommerce_blocks_asset_api_script_data_ssl', '{\"script_data\":{\"build\\/wc-settings.js\":{\"src\":\"https:\\/\\/mydomaine.fr\\/wp-content\\/plugins\\/woocommerce\\/packages\\/woocommerce-blocks\\/build\\/wc-settings.js\",\"version\":\"811714876abd43a87bd7\",\"dependencies\":[\"wp-hooks\",\"wp-i18n\",\"wp-polyfill\"]},\"build\\/wc-blocks-middleware.js\":

...almost 50 lines of code until the end : ....

made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Automattic\WooCommerce\Blocks\Assets\Api->update_script_data_cache, set_transient, add_option

_______

I have searched for an explanation without success, is the plugin WooCommerce  responsible for these php error? why? can you help me?

My website is fully up to date, i didn’t use BlogVault, i use UpdraftPlus.

Best regards,

Monica

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I found these things doing google searches.

What is command out of sync error in MySQL?
    If you encounter this error when using stored procedures with MySQL, it means you are executing a query while another is still not finished. MySQL behaves differently with stored procedures than with classic query().

The Commands out of sync error occurred in below three cases.
    1. If you are using a caching plugin > clear all plugin cache and your browser cache.
    2. If the memory size is exhausted > check how much php memory you are using and have available on the BPS System Info page. If you are running low on php memory increase your php memory.
    3. Try deactivating and activating WooCommerce and all other WooCommerce plugins.

pdlc
    Participant

Hi,

i’m not sure to understand your answer 🙂

Here’s an example of an error :

[BPS Pro htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log]
    [13-Jan-2024 16:06:57 UTC] WordPress database error Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now for query UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = '1707754017' WHERE option_name = '_transient_timeout_woocommerce_blocks_asset_api_script_data_ssl' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Automattic\WooCommerce\Blocks\Assets\Api->update_script_data_cache, set_transient, update_option

The whole errors concern the _transient_timeout_woocommerce_blocks_asset_api_script_data_ssl

and, as I understand it, it’s classic query().

1-
    I didn’t use a caching plugin.

PHP Memory Usage: 35.67 MB
    WordPress Admin Memory Limit: 512M
    WordPress Base Memory Limit: 40M
    PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit: 512

3-“Try deactivating and activating WooCommerce and all other WooCommerce plugins.”

not in the mood, not now, first I’d like to understand what’s going on and whether these PHP errors are a security and health problem for my site.

Can you tell me?

best regards,

Monica

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is the difference between transient and cache in WordPress?
    Transients are a way of caching data for a set amount of time in WordPress. Unlike storing data in the object cache, transient data is stored only temporarily, with the expectation that it is updated periodically. Transients are always created with a set maximum lifetime, after which they expire and are deleted.

The WooCommerce code is unable to set/update a transient database option > set_transient, update_option due to some problem. The root cause of the problem could be many different things.  In general the error only tells you that something is causing the WooCommerce script to fail updating its transient update option.  If WooCommerce has a coding mistake then it would relate specifically to that particular WooCommerce code, but when I do Google searches I see that this particular general php error occurs in many different plugins and is never actually a problem with that plugin’s code.  Something else on the site is causing those plugin’s code to generate this php error.

So the only logical way to look at this problem is in general and doing a process of elimination/isolation is the only way to troubleshoot this problem.

It looks like you have enough php memory available. So you have eliminated 1 possible cause at this point.

I recommend that you do standard WordPress troubleshooting steps > deactivate and activate all of your plugins, which in many cases automatically corrects problems because plugin authors typically design their plugins to do “self-repair” by doing a plugin deactivation and activation.  Next you should deactivate your plugins one by one to see if another plugin is causing this problem. You should temporarily switch your theme to see if your theme is causing the problem.

pdlc
    Participant

Thanks,

your answer is very helpfull, i’ll follow your advices and keep you posted :).
    best reg

pdlc
    Participant

Hi,

here is the solution to my problem :

luckily there were some updates to do: woocommerce, ACF pro and storefront and the php error no longer exists :).
    I thing that updating a plug-in do do “self-repair” too 🙂

Best regards, il close tyhe topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.