BulletProof Security Batch Installation – BulletProof Security Multiple Website Installation

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free BulletProof Security Batch Installation – BulletProof Security Multiple Website Installation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m batch uploading the BPS plugin to my 200+ blogs at once (we use bulk blog management software). It’s a pain to go through each blog’s dashboard and go through the 3 activations steps – create secure htaccess file, activate htaccess file in root and activate htaccess file in wp-admin. Can I alter the code of the plugin (I have the plugin zip downloaded to my desktop) and configure it so that these 3 steps are done at install? So I don’t need to go thru them after the install…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The .htaccess files are new files that are physically created in your website Root and wp-admin folders when you activate BulletProof Modes.  So if you do not want to do these steps then you would need to manually copy .htaccess files to your Root and wp-admin folders for each of your sites.

If you have batch copy capability to copy files to different site folders at one time then you can do these steps below for all of your sites that are root WordPress installations:

Copy the secure.htaccess file and rename it to just .htaccess and then batch copy this file to all of your website root folders.

Copy the wpadmin-secure.htaccess file and rename it to just .htaccess and then batch copy this file to all of your website’s wp-admin folders. (Note: the wp-admin .htaccess file is not folder specific so this means you could copy this file to all of your sites whether or not they are root site installations or subfolder installations of WordPress).

For WordPress subfolder installations:

It would not be any quicker to do any sort of batch copy of the root .htaccess files because subfolder sites need to have the correct RewriteBase and RewriteRules added to them.  So if you tried to do this manually by editing the .htaccess files it would actually take you more time than activating BulletProof Modes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.