Contact Form 7 – Plugin Firewall, Security Log 403 Error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Contact Form 7 – Plugin Firewall, Security Log 403 Error

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

i’ll check that out. the fitness subdomain is in a folder called fitness. the tennis not. i look for the cache thing first. thank so far!!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Deactivate the Plugin Firewall – Not the BPS Pro plugin – and test if the contact form works.  What might be happening is something like your domain name is not being whitelisted correctly for some reason related to how the subdomains were created.  let me know if the contact form works after deactivating the plugin firewall.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also make sure that the Plugin Firewall Test Mode is turned Off.  The Plugin Firewall Whitelist rules are not active when Test Mode is On.  Test Mode is for testing for problems ONLY.  It actually forces problems to occur so that you can get the plugin scripts that will need to be whitelisted.

simon
    Participant

Allright, i testet the thing with wp super cache on both sites but nothing changed.

How can i deactivate the Plugin Firewall correctly?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Every single feature/component of BPS Pro has On/Off – Deactivate/Activate options.  This is so that troubleshooting can be done individually for each feature/component of BPS Pro instead doing a plugin deactivation on the WordPress Plugins page.  Deactivating the BPS Pro plugin will only do a few absolutely necessary things and not deactivate everything in BPS Pro because that would cause someone to have to setup BPS Pro all over again. If you uninstall BPS Pro then everything is deactived and deleted.  This is also not the way to troubleshoot BPS Pro because you would have to setup BPS Pro again, which is completely unnecessary since every feature/component has built-in troubleshooting options.

simon
    Participant

testet it on the fitness hp but it had no effect.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Contact page is no longer being cached for your contact form on this site:  fitness but is still caching the contact form on this site:  tennis so you probably need to clear your WP Super Cache for the tennis site or double check that you created the correct rule.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so the Plugin Firewall is not causing the problem.  Now deactivate Root Folder BulletProof Modeto eliminate that your Root .htaccess file is causing the problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Or the problem is being caused by the way you created subdomains.  Your DNS A record or CNAME record might have something to do with this.  Or if you are doing some sort of Domain Forwarding.  Typically in the Plugin Firewall when your domain name is whitelisted you will see just the root domain.

Example:  Allow from ait-pro.com
    This root domain whitelisting rule automatically whitelists all subdomains.
    Example:  forum.ait-pro.com, affiliates.ait-pro.com, etc
    Double check that the correct domain name is being whitelisted in the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file.  You should see only your root domain and not your subdomain or subdomain.root-domain name for the site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually disregard deactivating Root Folder BulletProof Mode.  There are no known issues with BPS and Contact Form 7 regarding the root and wp-admin .htaccess files so either there is a problem with how you created your subdomains or the Plugin Firewall is still in Test Mode or something else is wrong on your website like another plugin is causing this problem, but with since you are seeing new errors in your Security log then somehow your Plugin Firewall file is not working correctly because of a subdomain problem or something else is happening/being done.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just thought of another possibility.  didn’t you say that you cloned or copied this site from another website?  If so, then maybe there are still settings in Contact Form 7 that thinks it is installed on another website.  deactivate contact form 7 and reactivate it and test again.  If that does not work then uninstall contact form 7 and reinstall it.  If you have created custom forms or anything other custom things then back them up first before uninstalling contact form 7.

simon
    Participant

Deactivating Root Folder BulletProof Mode made no difference.

I now can not check how the subdomains were created because this was done by another company. (These websites are not on my webspace.)

In the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file. there is only this:

# BEGIN WHITELIST: Frontend Loading Website Plugin scripts/files
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/bulletproof-security/400.php$" whitelist
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/bulletproof-security/403.php$" whitelist
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/meteor-slides/js/jquery.touchwipe.1.1.1.js$" whitelist
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/meteor-slides/js/jquery.metadata.v2.js$" whitelist
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/meteor-slides/js/slideshow.js$" whitelist
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/meteor-slides/js/jquery.cycle.all.js$" whitelist
    SetEnvIf Request_URI "/contact-form-7/includes/js/(.*).js$" whitelist
    # END WHITELIST

Should i just add the main domain to the whitelist text box?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Here is the thing.  If you deactivated the Plugin Firewall and the problem is still occurring then the problem is most likely not related to the Plugin Firewall or BPS Pro.  I think the problem is with Contact Form 7 itself or whatever this means – “These websites are not on my webspace”.

simon
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I will check out with other contact plugins and ask the guy frowith access to the server.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Contact Form 7 and BPS Pro are completely compatible.  What I said was to uninstall and reinstall it.  The contact form plugin that I use needs to have this done if you copy the site or copy the plugin folder from one site to another site.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.