Envato WordPress Toolkit – Folder/File path problem

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Envato WordPress Toolkit – Folder/File path problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Young Master
    Participant

Hello AITPro Admin,

Am having problem trying to activate BPS Pro after updating it to the latest version on the wordpress plugins page. Whenever am trying to activate BPS Pro am getting the following error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/envato-wordpress-toolkit/bulletproof-security.php on line 76

Please help!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

How did you update BPS Pro. Why is the file/folder path showing another plugin’s folder path “/envato-wordpress-toolkit” instead of /bulletproof-security?  Did you manually upload BPS Pro to another plugin’s folder by mistake?

/wp-content/plugins/envato-wordpress-toolkit/bulletproof-security.php

Young Master
    Participant

I updated BPS Pro on plugins page by clicking the update now link on BPS Pro plugin. I have no Idea why is the path looking in another plugin folder.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro will only install itself in the /bulletproof-security/ folder because that is what the code says to do.  Deactivate the envato wordpress toolkit plugin and see if that plugin is causing this problem.  If the problem is still occurring then look in the envato wordpress toolkit plugin folder to see if a bulletproof-security.php file is in that folder.

Young Master
    Participant

I tried to deactivate Envanto wordpress toolkit plugin but the problem is still occurring.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Instead of trying to figure out what caused the problem just delete the /bulletproof-security plugin folder and upload a new /bulletproof-security plugin folder.

Young Master
    Participant

But if I do delete BPS Pro then it means that I will loose all settings, custom codes etc?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No, not if you delete the /bulletproof-security plugin folder.  All of your options, settings, Custom Code is all stored in your WordPress Database.  You are just replacing files.  I downloaded the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin and will test it probably tomorrow.  It does make an API connection so there could possibly be some sort of conflict.  I will not know anything until testing is completed tomorrow.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you setup Envato WordPress Toolkit on your website?  If so, did you do these steps in the link below correctly?

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/integrating-the-envato-wordpress-toolkit-to-your-theme-the-plugin–wp-33264

Actually it looks like there are several different methods, plugins and / or forks floating around for this plugin.  Did you get this plugin from github?

https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit

Young Master
    Participant

Yes I did setup Envanto WordPress Toolkit on my website using the instructions written on the readme.txt. And yes I got this plugin form github.

Young Master
    Participant

I have deleted Envanto WordPress Toolkit and BPS Pro plugins and uploaded a latest version of BPS Pro and am happy to say that the problem has been resolved. Thank you AITPro Admin for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We have tested Envato WordPress Toolkit and there is an API conflict.  With the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin enabled the BPS Pro update reverts/defaults to the BPS free plugin.  What that means is the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin is somehow overriding / unsetting our API Server connection and code and what happens is a default plugin check is made for the BPS free plugin on the wordpress.org site and not the BPS Pro plugin on the ait-pro.com site.  So if you install the upgrade while Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin is activated then what is actually being installed is the BPS free version from wordpress.org and not the BPS Pro version from ait-pro.com.  Deactivating the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin and then clicking the BPS Pro upgrade link works fine, but we will need to create additional code to prevent this type of override / unset issue from being possible.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you AITpro Admin for taking your time to look into this issue, I really appreciate it. I hope you will find a way to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

As it turns out it is not possible to block what Envato WordPress Toolkit doing so what we are looking at now is automatically deactivating the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin during a BPS Pro upgrade or if that does not work then we will display an alert that Envato WordPress Toolkit needs to deactivated before upgrading BPS Pro.  Our main concern was that we had missed something somewhere in our API code for this type of scenario to be able to happen, but the problem is that no matter what our code says to do Envato WordPress Toolkit overrides it period so either the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin code would need to be fixed or the next best thing is to automatically deactivate this plugin.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you AITpro Admin for all of your effort in resolving this issue. The older version of this plugin like version 1.4 worked just fine, I never had any problems using BPS Pro along with Envanto WordPress Toolkit, all the updates worked just fine. The problem started after updating to the latest version of Envanto WordPress Toolkit. All in all just do whatever is possible to resolve this issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.