cPanel changes cause 404 errors

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free cPanel changes cause 404 errors

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,

I encounter the same problem (i guess).
    What I did before i encounter the problem below :-
    Not Found The requested URL /2017/02/21/guatemalan-churrasco/ was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I was in CPanel,

1. I enable Hotlink Protection
    2. I enable Optimize website

Then in my wordpress:

1. I activate( checked box ) WP Fastest Cache on

Then the whole website encounter error 404 whenever i click on any videos, some videos are okay. Even my Privacy Policy page  has error 404. All the post and Page are still in my wordpress.

I undo, Hotlink Protection, Optimize website, and WP fastest Cache ( the 2 checkbox )…. and i set my htaccess via FTP to 666.
    Re-save the premalink, Clear Cache and then try to click on page/videos but the problem still occur.
    I has a lot of data in it, please guide and looking forward for your help. worry man.
    Regards,

Alex

AW
    Participant

its solved.
    I deactivated the RBM and reactivate again.
    All links are okay, BUT . .
    I could not login admin.
    User Id and psw all correct, it prompt :-
    maincuisine.com/admin

ERROR: Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.

I checked my browser, all the cookies were enable.
    I tried on chrome and mozilla, still the same.

Please advise
    Regards,

Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Any time you are making changes to your htaccess file outside of your WP Dashboard and/or with cPanel and not using BPS Custom Code to add/change htaccess code then your Root htaccess file is going to be modified by cPanel tools or whatever you are using to modify your Root htaccess file outside of BPS and your WP Dashboard.

I recommend that you do not use any of the cPanel tools such as hotlink protection or other cPanel tools that create/modify htaccess code/files and instead use htaccess code directly in BPS Custom Code.  Another approach if you want to use cPanel tools that create/add/modify htaccess files/code is to turn Off AutoRestore, deactivate Root BulletProof Mode, unlock your Root htaccess file, use the cPanel tools that create/add/modify htaccess files/code, then copy the htaccess code that the cPanel tools created in your Root htaccess file to BPS Custom Code.  Then finally re-run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard again.

The Cookie problem might be related the problem caused by cPanel htaccess tools (hotlink protection, etc).  Try running the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard again and see if the Wizards fix the problem.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,

Thanks for your advise.
    I could not login to admin ( maincuisine.com/admin ) as it keep on saying No Cookies enable whereas it is enable.
    Therefore I could not access BPS and could not run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard again and see if the Wizards fix the problem.

Please advise.
    Regards,

Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The problem is not related to or caused by BPS.  I googled that WordPress error message and found this WP forum topic:  https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-login-admin-cookies-problem/  If the solution is not in that WP forum topic then look for other possible answers in google search results.

Here is another Google search result that has some possible solutions:  http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/166181/cant-log-in-error-cookies-are-blocked-or-not-supported-by-your-browser-you

AW
    Participant

Thanks for your links on cookies. (  http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/166181/cant-log-in-error-cookies-are-blocked-or-not-supported-by-your-browser-you )

1. I google and take note and edit on the functions( in child theme [coverttheme])
    2. edit the wpconfig as advise in the link

The cookie is still the same.

The cookie issues prompt out once when i deactivate and then Reactivate the RBM ( BPS htaccess ) … right after activated i was kick out from the admin page. and i try to login and the cookies thing appear.

I just chat with my hosting as well, they say they are okay and they could login, they said probably some protection or etc.

Could I will email you my ftp so you could look into it?

Regards,
    Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then you must have some additional custom code in your root htaccess file that does something with cookies.  BPS standard root htaccess file does not have any htaccess code that does anything with cookies.  Use FTP, delete your root htaccess file, login to your site, go to BPS Custom Code and delete the custom htaccess code that is doing something with cookies and then activate Root folder BulletProof Mode.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I recieved your FTP info.  The problem is being caused by the Jetpack plugin and specifically the Jetpack SSO feature.  I did standard WordPress troubleshooting steps:  renamed plugin folders and test, etc etc etc.  to find the problem plugin.  In the future we will not fix non BPS Pro problems.  We only offer free technical support for BPS Pro and not other plugins or your website or anything that is not directly related to or caused by BPS Pro.

It’s a good idea to check with us first so we can tell you whether or not a problem may be caused by BPS Pro.  Don’t ever let your host support people tell the problem is caused by BPS Pro or do anything with or to BPS Pro because they will be wrong and will just make things worse. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.