cPanel Database Backup – WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro cPanel Database Backup – WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rock
    Participant

Hi, getting high CPU and RAM usage every time I do CPanel backups. I turned off the DB monitor in Bulletproof but backing-up the DB from CPanel still does the same thing. There are other sites hosted that gets affected entirely.

The messages I get from the processes running in CPanel CPU:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpmysqlwrap SQLBACKUP wp_db33

proc
    1869.8%
    2.0%

The 1869 is the CPU usage. It does the same even if I just back-up the home directory.

In the PHP error log it gives this message:

[08-Mar-2017 10:51:01 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = '1488970090.2998380661010742187500' WHERE option_name = '_transient_doing_cron' made by require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, wp_cron, spawn_cron, set_transient, update_option
    [08-Mar-2017 10:54:01 UTC] WordPress database error Lost connection to MySQL server during query for query SELECT option_value FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'active_sitewide_plugins' LIMIT 1 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, Piklist_Add_On::include_add_ons, get_site_option, get_network_option, get_option

Is there an option I must change to prevent the high-CPU usage? Thanks for the help

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS cannot affect cPanel in any way.  cPanel is an app installed on your host server and is not installed on your website.

Possible causes of the problem:
    Could be caused by a DB server memory, buffer or temporary directory problem.
    Could also be caused by an extremely large database or a damaged database.
    What is the total size of your Database? You can find that information on the BPS Pro > DB Monitor > DB Status & Info > DB Total Size is: X

See if you can do a database backup using BPS Pro DB Backup instead of using cPanel backup.

rock
    Participant

Apologies for late reply. Issue was caused by a DB problem. Fixed the DB and the issue went away. Thanks issue resolved.

Cesar R
    Participant

How did you fix the database?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Cesar R – Login to phpMyAdmin in your control panel and run a DB Repair.  That may or may not work.  The DB Repair feature usually only fixes DB Table structure issues.

Cesar R
    Participant

Yeah i’m going to try that, although I have the same site on a different host for testing and the site work there just fine.

So not sure if that is even going to fix it.

Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Cesar R – You probably need to contact your web host support if the DB repair does not work.  There could many different possible causes for this problem.  Your web host support should be able to figure this problem out much easier then you or I could figure this problem out.

Cesar R
    Participant

Yeah I have tried that, but according to them the issue with word press.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.