Redirect Query String

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Redirect Query String

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Other=using hostgator

I am getting many errors through Google Webmaster tools regarding duplicate meta duplication i.e. I have these url.
    EX: in​vig​ora​te/ and
    /in​vig​ora​te/​?re​ply​toc​om=​51 that both links to the same page.

It looks to me that it is coming from the perma links, and if I save change within the permalinks, it wants me to update the htaccess file which I do. But when I do, I receive a warning from bps stating that it no longer protect me and if I arrange everything to be protected again, I loose the update that I originally saved on my htaccess through cpanel. What should I do….?
    With your experience, would you know where that "​?re​ply​toc​om=​51"
    I really don’t want to show duplicate pages and be penalized.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, when you update your permalinks on the WordPress Permalinks page it will execute/process the WordPress flush_rewrite_rules function.  If you are able to lock your root .htaccess file then this will prevent this from happening.

If you see the lock and unlock buttons on the BPS Edit/Upload/Download page then click the lock htaccess file button.

If you have an additional .htaccess file in cPanel then what i recommend you do is use the BPS Custom Code feature to combine all of your htaccess code to make a new combined master .htaccess file and activate BulletProof Modes again.

if you lock your root htaccess file then cPanel will not be able to write to it anymore.

I have no idea what the ?replytocom=51 query string means.  Sorry.

Google will not penalize you for that.  Duplicate content means you have duplicated Post content.  Like an article you wrote and it is copied across several posts or you have copied someone else’s content and posted it on your website.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Reply:

Hello

I was not clear enough, as this is not a query string,

Here it is

http://oceanavenuereviews.ca/invigorate/ *
    http://oceanavenuereviews.ca/invigorate/?replytocom=51

Both of these url are linking to the same page.. * is the right page. This
    is what I am trying to do is to save my htaccess file so I don’t have this
    problem anymore

Thanks again

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Query string is this:  ?replytocom=51.  You cannot use redirect or RedirectMatch and would have to use a RewriteRule for a Query String.

Let’s say for example you have Google 404 errors occurring for these Query strings and these Query Strings either never existed on your site or maybe they did and now they no longer exist on your site.  Since you have a WordPress site you can Rewrite the non-existent Query Strings to the index.php file so that you would not have to handle anything but just the Query string itself. No folders, categories, paths, etc.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^v=YqGWpbJmMHo$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^d=154109$ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^t=622323$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php? [L,R=301]

Or the Pipe Operator can be used for the “or” condition

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(v=YqGWpbJmMHo|d=154109|t=622323)$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php? [L,R=301]

1. Copy this code above and the code below can be copied to this Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE PLUGIN FIXES
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^replytocom=51$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://example.com/invigorate? [L,R=301]
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.