TablePress – pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file ensure it is readable

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free TablePress – pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file ensure it is readable

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bea
    Participant

Think have a conflict but unsure anytime the site is opened this error shows in the logs.

[Mon Mar 11 08:34:34 2013] [crit] [client 122.111.12.14] (13)Permission denied: /home/dadir/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tablepress-responsive-tables/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable, referer: http: //dancedirectory.info/dance-history/ http: //datory.info/de-hiy/

Have removed identifiable sites and IPs above but there are hundreds of these messages..

because the error relates to a file that does not appear to exist
    /tablepress-responsive-tables/.htaccess pcfg_openfile:

and has the (.) htaccess – Plugin creator of “tablepress” has tried but cannot fathom why as the plugin has no call to access htaccess file.

I am hoping it relates to BP (which I greatly appreciate for my site security)

If you could please advise would be very grateful.

thanks Bea

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is not related to BPS.  There is an .htaccess file in this plugin’s folder here:  /tablepress-responsive-tables/.htaccess.  Your Server is unable to read the .htaccess file.  This means that either the folder permissions or the file permissions are too restrictive.  Check the folder permissions for this folder:  should probably be 755 permissions and check the file permissions of the .htaccess file:  should probably be 644 permissions.

Bea
    Participant

Was just about to update..

You are very CORRECT. it was permission on the folder for unknown reasons was not 755..

Boy should have come here first.. have spent hours… and you got it in one..

Thanks so much.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah well all I did was search this forum for this search term “pcfg_openfile” and the answer is already in this Forum.  😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.