EasyCron plugin – direct cron jobs

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro EasyCron plugin – direct cron jobs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I do not see documentation, however I see warnings in BP Pro when I moved my cron jobs to easycron from wordpress.   I followed the instructions and everything appears to be working fine – easycron provided detailed instructions on how to set up wp-cron.php  to run on their system and disable the default wordpress setup from the wp-config.php file using define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, true);

Will this effect or hurt any security protection that BPS provides?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I assume that all BPS Pro Cron Jobs will run at whatever new Cron Job run times that you have chosen using EasyCron, but you should keep on eye on things for a couple of days to make sure everything is working correctly. BPS Pro cron scheduled events would not happen when they are scheduled to happen in BPS Pro plugin settings. ie AutoRestore|Quarantine would NOT check files every 2, 5, 10, 15, etc minutes and would instead check your website files every X minutes or hours that you have chosen to use instead. Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode would check things every X minutes or hours instead of every 5, 10, 15, etc minutes. DB Backup cron shedules would be affected and scheduled backup jobs would not occur at the times you have scheduled them. etc etc etc.

There are a total of 13 BPS Pro Cron Jobs.

Mike
    Participant

Hi, and thank you for the quick update.   It appears that easycron is using the exact schedule set up in the wp-cron.php file.   I have installed a plugin called wpcrontrol and it shows all of times bps is running different processes.   When looking at the easycron site it mirrors the exact run times so it appears that it is working properly.   I have easycron scheduled to run every the wp-cron.php file every minute.   If that is too frequent let me know.   Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Every 1 minute is good.  Each time an individual WP scheduled Cron Job runs, the timestamp is updated to the new time.  So yep even if you running the direct cron check every 1 minute, whatever is the next scheduled Cron Job time is when the Cron will be run next, etc.  You can check and reset all Cron Jobs using the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools > Scheduled Crons tool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.