CronJob replaced with EasyCron freebie…Bulletproof no likey

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro CronJob replaced with EasyCron freebie…Bulletproof no likey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    beatty2020
    Participant

Hi,

Client is using a shared hosting account with one of the slow/big companies. Cron jobs not working for automated backups, so I replaced wordpress default cron with EasyCron. Backups now work but Bulletproof has this alert in my dashboard:

The WordPress DISABLE_WP_CRON constant is in use, which disables all Standard WP Crons. Several BPS Pro features use Standard WP Crons. If a plugin is being used that disables Standard WP Crons and uses Direct Cron Jobs instead or your Web Host is disabling Standard WP Crons then no further action is required by you and you can safely dismiss this Dismiss Notice.

I am really liking Bulletproof security (I mean, so far so good, right?) and want it to run the best possible way. If BPS needs to have cron running more frequently in order to remain awesome, I will go and upgrade the plan to have cron run frequently.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks, Beattie.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

As long as you are pinging your site once per minute with EasyCron then BPS and all other plugin and theme crons will work normally.  There is only 1 correct interval setting for WordPress Cron jobs and that is once per minute.

So use this setting > When to execute > Every 1 minute.

https://www.easycron.com/cron-job-tutorials/how-to-set-up-cron-job-for-backupbuddy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.