cURL Multi Page Scanner blocked or not allowed on host server

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro cURL Multi Page Scanner blocked or not allowed on host server

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hi,
    I need to implement BPS Pro on a clients website.
    I will try to look it up all with a local backup of the site, but I have got be better prepared and will XAMPP for Linux.
    I have to install it first.
    Cause now I am using the LAMP stack just like it is installed on my linux piece by piece. XAMPP gives me more built in settings and control. Didnt know that there is XAMPP as version also for a linux.

But then I think I could scan the site locally with cURL.

But for now, because I would have to step on, could You do me the favor and scan:
    [website domain name removed for privacy] for scripts and things that would need to be whitelisted, please?

Cheers.
    Andre,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your site has been scanned remotely with the BPS Pro cURL Multi page scanner and one plugin script needs to be added to your Plugin Firewall Whitelist Text area.

/2-click-socialmedia-buttons/js/social_bookmarks-min.js
    Andre
    Participant

So, cool. Thanks. I appreciate it much. Hey, wouldnt it be a good idea, if You, for the pro users who have got a problem with their hoster because cURL scan, make a cURL scan available in a restriced area?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

hmm interesting idea. Another possibility is this. You can run this scan from a XAMPP installation. 😉

Andre
    Participant

Hehe, funny.
    I mean, the cURL scanner might be in the admin panel, why dont you put em in the admin panel anywhere here. You could also only let people on it handpicked, with a coupon or anything, a code. So youre sure it wont be misused. I will try top get along with XAMPP as a linux user

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, If I have some spare time I might do something like that in the future when my work days get down to 16 hour days.  LOL

Andre
    Participant

Hi, when a plugin is used it seems to need to be whitelisted also. It is a backup and restore plugin which fetches files over an API from an external server to save them external. /wp-content/plugins/myrepono-wordpress-backup-plugin/api/myrepono.php. I will add it this way to the whitelist:
    /2-click-socialmedia-buttons/js/social_bookmarks-min.js, /wp-content/plugins/myrepono-wordpress-backup-plugin/api/myrepono.php

EDIT:
    Which worked like a charm, making the backup plugin access the api and starting backup 🙂
    EDIT 2:
    Actually I put it like this now in the whitelist:
    /2-click-socialmedia-buttons/js/social_bookmarks-min.js, /myrepono-wordpress-backup-plugin/api/myrepono.php, /formidable/js/formidable.js, /formidable/pro/js/(.*).js

/wp-content/plugins is not needed and I added the formidable JS files preventively because the plugin didnt work as supposed on another site, so before anything happens on the client site with the forms plugin, I just add it here. I wonder why it wasnt seen by Your cURL scan. But its just precaution.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The cURL scanner scans your website’s source code.  The source code of a website is the code that is rendering as HTML when the website pages load.  To see your website’s source code, right mouse click on any of your website pages and click View Source (or a similar menu Command depending on which Browser you are using). If you have a file/script that is not loading on the frontside of a website in the source code then the cURL scanner will not detect it. The myrepono api script is not a frontloading plugin script so it will not be in your website pages source code. Good job on figuring out what needed to be done to whitelist this script/file!

Andre
    Participant

Understand, needs to be scanned site by site… Thanks. Get used to it better, but its good to feel respectful in front of BPS Pro first. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.