Custom php.ini File Setup PHP5.3.x and higher versions of PHP

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Custom php.ini File Setup PHP5.3.x and higher versions of PHP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There is no specific guide because there are 1,000’s of different possible specific and unique custom php.ini setups for the 350,000+ web hosts worldwide.  The P-Security help information provides you with all the information on how to get your web host’s unique custom php.ini setup information.  P-Security provides you with all of the custom php.ini directives to use/add and the tools to add them once you get your web host’s specific and unique custom php.ini setup steps.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,
    My hosting replied as in below:
    12:19:39 PMJeffrey H Okay here’s how it works if you place an htaccess in the public_html folder that calls up your custom php.ini file then every addon domain will pull it up unless there is an htaccess file in that addon domain that says something different, that will take precidence over the one in the public_html folder but every folder down the line from that will use that one if there is no other htaccess file present.
    12:34:34 PMJeffrey H Most times the standard php.ini file works fine for most wordpress sites
    12:34:46 PMJeffrey H But occasionally some plugin will need a special setting of some kind.
    12:35:36 PMJeffrey H You can close this window and then send transcript of the chat to him.
    12:35:45 PMJeffrey H via email or to yourself.
    12:36:30 PMJeffrey H custom php.ini files are usually in the home folder, one level above the public_html but I thought I answered most of those questions already.
    My Concern
    12:21:03 PMAlex i do have few website sharing the same hosting, using the same bulletproof security plugin
    12:21:13 PMAlex example, http://www.sabahtrade.com
    12:21:26 PMAlex it does not have any problem with php
    12:21:52 PMAlex let say, as the above mentioned and recommended by you about changing the php, would it effect my other website as well?
    12:24:19 PMJeffrey H Yes it would, if you have all sites kind of pulling off one htaccess file.
    12:24:29 PMJeffrey H But you might not be able to do that with wordpress.
    12:25:01 PMJeffrey H You will probably need to copy the code in the first htaccess that has link to the one php.ini file, just to make sure.
    Solutions needed from BPS
    How can i set the php.in to the same as my other website which is running on the same hosting, and Bulletproof as well.
    Thanks..
    Regards,
    Alex

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you or your host support create a custom php.ini file?  I do not understand this question:  “How can i set the php.in to the same as my other website which is running on the same hosting, and Bulletproof as well.”  Please explain in specific detail what you trying to do.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,
    Thanks for replying.
    1. “Did you or your host support create a custom php.ini file?
    ANSWER: PHP Settings that Cannot be Changed
    Shared and Reseller hosting are shared environments and have certain limits on what can be changed in order to maintain the stability of the server. Dedicated Server and VPS customers may change all the settings in the php.ini file and do not have the same limits as Shared and Reseller hosting.

Shared and Reseller Hosting
    PHP has been configured to use the following settings on our shared and reseller servers:
    safe mode = Off (cannot adjust)
    memory_limit = 256M (MAXIMUM)
    max_execution_time = 30 (MAXIMUM in seconds)
    max_input_time = 60 (MAXIMUM in seconds)
    post_max_size = 64M (MAXIMUM)
    upload_max_filesize = 64M (MAXIMUM)
    enable_dl = Off (cannot adjust)

2. “I do not understand this question: “How can i set the php.in to the same as my other website which is running on the same hosting, and Bulletproof as well.”
    EXPLAINATION: I mean, i do have another domain(sabahtrade.com) running on wordpress which is using the same hosting. It was a shared hosting. (Sabahtrade.com was installed with BPS as well). I do not have any issue with PHP.ini in sabahtrade.com. hope that helps.

Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok great thanks.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,
    Is there any solution to fixed the php.ini based on my case as above?
    Looking forward for your reply.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Only your web host can help you create or setup a custom php.ini file.  Once your custom php.ini file is created and setup then I can help you further.  Let me know when you have created/setup your custom php.ini file.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,

My hosting had created the custom php.ini
    It was located at /home4/alexwong/php.ini
    Please advice for the next steps.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Use the P-Security tools to add php.ini directives to your custom php.ini file.
    1. Add the file path to your custom php.ini file in the P-Security File Manager.
    2. Open and edit your custom php.ini file with the P-Security File Editor.
    3. Click the Editing Php.ini Files or Other Files Read Me button on the File Editor to get the Custom php.ini directives to add to your custom php.ini file.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,
    1. I go to file manager, Label | Description : custom php
    2. Add file | Folder path : /home4/alexwong/php.ini
    3. File Editor > Select : custom php > then message preview : File Write test successful!
    Your /home4/alexwong/php.ini file is writable.
    4. I click : Update Files
    5. Then i go to : Php error Log > Reset Last Modified time in DB

It seems disappear the php.ini erro. However, after some time it came back. What steps that I made wrong ?
    Regards,
    AW

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

After step #3 you are supposed to do this step:  Click the Editing Php.ini Files or Other Files Read Me button on the File Editor to get the Custom php.ini directives to add to your custom php.ini file.  You will copy and paste the Custom php.ini directives into your custom php.ini file and then save your changes.

What error are you referring too?  Post the error.

AW
    Participant

Is it click the read me and copy the directives below:
    Then paste it into the “empty” center text site? > update the file?

asp_tags = Off
    allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off
    allow_url_fopen = Off
    allow_url_include = Off
    define_syslog_variables = Off
    disable_functions = system, exec, passthru, shell_exec, show_source, popen, pclose, pcntl_exec
    display_errors = Off
    display_startup_errors = Off
    expose_php = Off
    ignore_repeated_errors = On
    ignore_repeated_source = Off
    implicit_flush = Off
    max_execution_time = 30
    max_input_time = 60
    magic_quotes_gpc = Off
    magic_quotes_runtime = Off
    output_buffering = Off
    register_globals = Off
    register_long_arrays = Off
    register_argc_argv = Off
    report_memleaks = On
    safe_mode = Off
    sql.safe_mode = Off
    variables_order = "GPCS"
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, those are the custom php.ini directives that you will add to your custom php.ini file and save your changes.

AW
    Participant

Thank god its solved! Thanks mate.
    Regards,
    AW

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

custom php.ini file setup is not easy to figure out.  Most Hosts do not want you to create or use a custom php.ini file so they make it very difficult to figure out or they just do not create any help pages about how to do that.  Logically the primary reason why Hosts do not want you to setup a custom php.ini file is so that they will not have to troubleshoot it because it is beyond/above the average Host support person’s technical skill level.  😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.