Custom php.ini Setup – Web Host is not listed in Web Hosts List

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Custom php.ini Setup – Web Host is not listed in Web Hosts List

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hosting is with GreenGeeks and Dayanahost. Neither of which are listed among the hosting company specs. Please let me know what to select when setting up the php.ini file.

Answer:

Please go to P-Security >>> Php.ini Options page and click the Diagnostic Checks/Recommendations Run Check button.  Copy and paste your Diagnostic checks results for each Web Host.  IMPORTANT!  Please edit your Document root path information and replace that portion of the path up to your Document root folder with x’s. Example:  Error Log Path Seen by Server: /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/forum/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Diagnostic Checks/Recommendations
    Clicking the Run Check button runs a Diagnostic Check for all settings that relate to php.ini files, .user.ini files, php handlers, php error log paths and other settings to troubleshoot any issues or problems. Recommendations are also given based on your PHP version and your type of Hosting (Shared, VPS or Dedicated Hosting).

RichardB
    Participant

Contacted GreenGeeks and was told that the php.ini file type is stand alone–SA.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok what version of PHP are you using for the website or websites that are Hosted on GreenGeeks?  There are a lot of new complex and problematic issues with PHP5.3.x and .user.ini files so i need to know more information about your Server before i can tell you what your options are and custom php.ini setup steps are if you are using PHP5.2.x.

This technical post regarding PHP5.3.x and .user.ini files explains this worldwide issue >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/4349/misc-projects/wordpress-tips-tricks-fixes/php5-3-x-php5-4-x-user-ini-file-does-not-work-known-php5-3-x-user-ini-fastcgi-wordpress-zend-issue/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.