InoxHost Custom php.ini setup / white screens

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro InoxHost Custom php.ini setup / white screens

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Lys
    Participant

Hey Ed & BPS pro Support team – Do you have any time to give some quick advice?

I haven’t installed the php.ini yet and need to do so… but am afraid of messing things up.

Currently trying to follow the instructs for INOX web hosting (compatible with our server) but having trouble clearly understanding instructs.

Are cutom php changes made inside cpanel or exclusively in the BPS pro php management screen inside the site? Or are both cpanel and site dashboard for BPS pro PHP used in tandem?
    In the meantime we’ve been throwing Quarantine warnings the past week and have also had mysterious white screen events with some pages showing and others not. Most recent today our front/home page had white screen along with some additional pages showing white… but many ok. This appears now to be fixed with a backup (not sure fix will stay) via an assist from sever host SiteGround. But custom php on our end is still not set….

Can anyone outline a step by step instruct for custom php in IMOX for big dummies?

Here’s the Quarantine for the past week. IMPORTANT NOTE – replaced the name of our public.html files with question marks (???????????) so they don’t show in this forum:

Quarantine

Filename

View
    File

Restore
    File

Delete
    File
    Source Path - File was Quarantined from this location
    The file will be restored to this location if Restore File is selected
    Quarantine
    Time

php.ini

/home/????????????/public_html/php.ini
    2013-04-12 08:55:10

Apr-12-2013--15-00-32--php.ini

/home/????????????/public_html/php.ini
    2013-04-12 09:00:32

php_errorlog

/home/?????????????/public_html/php_errorlog
    2013-04-15 22:29:26

php_errorlog

/home/??????????????/public_html/php_errorlog
    2013-04-15 23:35:37

8-20-2011-backup-by-Ed.tar

/home/??????????????/public_html/wp-content/xc-backups/8-20-2011-backup-by-Ed.tar
    2013-04-18 09:55:36

/home/????????????/public_html/wp-content/xc-backups/8-20-2011-backup-by-Ed.tar
    2013-04-18 09:56:41

/home/????????????/public_html/wp-content/xc-backups/8-20-2011-backup-by-Ed.tar
    2013-04-18 09:58:40
    Lys
    Participant

Sorry typo above: term IMOX not correct, it is correct as InoxHost. Ed asked me to follow instructs for InoxHost. Thx again, LysA

Lys
    Participant

Here’s where I’m confused with InoxHost instructs:

When the php.ini Finder search is completed you will copy the path to the BPS Master Standard php.ini file to any available slot [WHAT DOES ANY AVAILABLE SLOT MEAN?] in the File Manager [Don’t See Tab Called File Manager In P-Security Folders. Where is this located?]– the path to the BPS Standard php.ini file will be similar to this folder path – /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/php/standard-phpini.ini.  Open the BPS Master Standard php.ini file with the php.ini File Editor and copy the entire contents to another NotePad doc on your computer.

Did try to put BPS Master Standard php.ini file into php.ini Editor, but no code shows. Is this because I haven’t written it?

Thx again for making this a custom PHP.ini ‘for dummies’ tutorial : )

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The custom php.ini step by steps setup steps for InoxHost are here:  http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2853/bulletproof-security-pro/php-ini-general-and-host-specific-php-ini-information-for-bps-pro/#inoxhost

This Host requires that you must use the InoxHost control panel tool and cannot use the BPS Pro automated custom php.ini tools for creating a custom php.ini files on this host.

To calibrate AutoRestore/Quarantine (exclude folders and files from being checked by ARQ) click the AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide Calibration link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#ARQ-Calibration

The File Manager is located at the bottom of the PHP.ini Options page directly below the Php.ini File Creator tool.

Lys
    Participant

I created a simple custom file manually inside cpanel over a week ago titled: Custom Php.ini file /home/xxxxxxxx/php.ini . This file is different from Master File that was just created by BPSpro.

Is it safe to delete this simple custom file before I add the BPSpro Php.ini Master file into the File Manager?

thx again

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

For this particular Host you cannot use any of the automated php.ini tools in BPS Pro.  Everything must be done in this Host’s control panel.  So yes any files you created with BPS Pro you can delete.

Basically all of my instructions on setting up a custom php.ini file on this host can be summarized like this.  You must create your custom php.ini file using this Host’s control panel tool and the only thing you will be doing with BPS Pro master files is using them as a guide for what custom php.ini settings to add in your Host’s custom php.ini tool in the control panel.  Basically you cannot use any of the automated tools in BPS Pro for this particular Host and you will have to do everything manually in this Host’s control panel tool.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BPS Pro file that you will be using as the guide is this one – /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/php/standard-phpini.ini.  You would open this file on your computer and add each php.ini directive into the InoxHost control panel tool.

Once you have added all the directives found in the BPS Standard php.ini file this is VERY, VERY IMPORTANT. YOU MUST CHOOSE / CHECK THE Apply changes to all sub-directories?CHECKBOX BEFORE CLICKING THE SAVE BUTTON.

Lys
    Participant

Being very cautious. Looks like I have numerous old php.ini files. There is much showing in the current php.ini custom file I made by mistake last week. How can I transfer from this custom /php.ini to the correct file via BPS using /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/php/standard-phpini.ini
    Do I keep both files open at the same time? Or do I delete the /php.ini first (in the BPS php.ini File Manager) ?

Very nervous

thx endless for your ideas/help

/php.ini
    /public_html.old/php.ini
    /public_html.old/old_content/php.ini.NEWCONFIGPOSSIBLYBROKEN
    /public_html.old/old_content/php.ini.default
    /public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/php.ini
    /public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/Apr-12-2013--15-00-32--php.ini
    /public_html_4-15-2011/php.ini
    /public_html_4-15-2011/old_content/php.ini.NEWCONFIGPOSSIBLYBROKEN
    /public_html_4-15-2011/old_content/php.ini.default
    /public_htmlold/php.ini
    /public_htmlold/old_content/php.ini.NEWCONFIGPOSSIBLYBROKEN
    /public_htmlold/old_content/php.ini.default
    Lys
    Participant

FYI: the custom /php.ini file was not created inside BPS pro. It was created externally in cpanel File Manager as a new file last week.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You cannot use BPS Pro on this Host to do anything with your custom php.ini file.  There are 2 Hosts that I know of where you MUST do everythig from the Control panel tool.  In other words, forget about using any of the P-Security tools on your Host.  They will not work and they will be ignored by your Host.

Turn Off AutoRestore and delete all the php.ini files in the paths that you posted above.  Then go back into your Host’s control panel tool and do these steps again.

VERY, VERY IMPORTANT. YOU MUST CHOOSE / CHECK THE Apply changes to all sub-directories?CHECKBOX BEFORE CLICKING THE SAVE BUTTON. This Host requires that you add a custom php.ini file in every single folder under your Hosting Account. By selecting the apply changes to all sub-directories checkbox you will be creating php.ini files in all directories simultaneously.

IMPORTANT Note: The PHP Variables Manager has some buggy issues. It will try and put quotes around all the directives in the new php.ini file that it creates. You will need to manually edit out these quotes by going to your cPanel File Manager and editing the php.ini file in your /public_html folder and then go back to the PHP Variables Manager and save your changes for a second time – Be sure to remember to check the Apply changes to all sub-directories? checkbox again before clicking save again.

After you have done these steps you should see only 1 php.ini file under your website root folder.  If you are going to continue to edit this custom php.ini file – IN YOUR HOSTS CONTROL PANEL TOOL.  Then keep AutoRestore turned Off until you are completely finished.  After you are completely finished then go to AutoRestore and click the 4 Backup Files again before turning AutoRestore back on.  Otherwise your custom php.ini file will be sent to Quarantine.

Lys
    Participant

So sorry / still confused. Not sure my custom: /home/xxxxxx/php.ini was made inside host correct last week. It is listed by BPS pro though as one of the files.

Currently the top text for current /php.ini is:

[PHP]

;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; WARNING ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; This is the default settings file for new PHP installations.
    ; By default, PHP installs itself with a configuration suitable for
    ; development purposes, and *NOT* for production purposes.
    ; For several security-oriented considerations that should be taken
    ; before going online with your site, please consult php.ini-recommended
    ; and http://php.net/manual/en/security.php.
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can just use P-Security ini_set Options instead of trying to setup a custom php.ini file on this Host if the control panel thing is too much of a pain.  I seem to remember it was quite a pain when I first documented their setup steps a couple of years ago.

Lys
    Participant

When using Php Variables Manager in server capanel More error messages when clicking add to all subdirectories:

The following errors were encountered while processing your request:

Unknown variable [...and uncomment ONLY the suhosin.executor.func.blacklist Directive below and NOT extension ignored.
    Unknown variable engine ignored.
    Unknown variable [Setting mysql.trace_mode ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.allow_persistent ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.check_persistent ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.max_persistent ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.max_links ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.defaultlrl ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.defaultbinmode ignored.
    Unknown variable bcmath.scale ignored.
    Invalid value for variable session.cookie_httponly ignored.
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep it is very buggy.  I had to kick it and jiggle it several times to get it to work for me.

IMPORTANT Note: The PHP Variables Manager has some buggy issues. It will try and put quotes around all the directives in the new php.ini file that it creates. You will need to manually edit out these quotes by going to your cPanel File Manager and editing the php.ini file in your /public_html folder and then go back to the PHP Variables Manager and save your changes for a second time – Be sure to remember to check the Apply changes to all sub-directories? checkbox again before clicking save again.

Only add actual the directives and not things like help information in the BPS Pro standard php.ini.  I have no idea where you found all of the odbc. directives.  They are not in the standard php.ini file.

Unknown variable […and uncomment ONLY the suhosin.executor.func.blacklist Directive below and NOT extension ignored.
    Unknown variable engine ignored.
    Unknown variable [Setting mysql.trace_mode ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.allow_persistent ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.check_persistent ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.max_persistent ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.max_links ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.defaultlrl ignored.
    Unknown variable odbc.defaultbinmode ignored.
    Unknown variable bcmath.scale ignored.
    Invalid value for variable session.cookie_httponly ignored.

Only add these actual BPS directives and nothing else.

asp_tags = Off
    allow_call_time_pass_reference = Off
    allow_url_fopen = Off
    allow_url_include = Off
    display_errors = Off
    display_startup_errors = Off
    expose_php = Off
    implicit_flush = Off
    max_execution_time = 30
    max_input_time = 60
    magic_quotes_gpc = Off
    magic_quotes_runtime = Off
    output_buffering = 0
    register_globals = Off
    register_long_arrays = Off
    register_argc_argv = Off
    report_memleaks = On
    safe_mode = Off
    sql.safe_mode = Off
    mysql.allow_persistent = Off
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Add these directives too.

post_max_size = 20M
    upload_max_filesize = 20M
    file_uploads = On
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.