Database error when excluding files in ARQ

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Database error when excluding files in ARQ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peoplespaces
    Participant

I get this error in php:

WordPress database error Table 'xxx_dbname.wp_bpspro_arq_add' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_bpspro_arq_add WHERE arq_add_backup LIKE '%/%' made by include('/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/autorestore.php')
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That particular DB table has to do with adding additional files to monitor and not excluding files, but that was a known minor bug that was fixed and a new BPS Pro zip file was uploaded to the ait-pro.com Secure Download area on 4-9-2014.  The bug did not negatively affect anything and is just a nuisance bug that generates php errors.  Download a new BPS Pro zip file from the ait-pro.com Secure Download area and use the BPS Pro built-in upload zip installer to install the bulletproof-security.zip file.  The BPS Pro upload zip installer page is located under the Install / Backup menu link.  This menu name/link has been changed in BPS Pro 9.0.

Or you can just ignore the php error and wait for BPS Pro 9.0 to be released (no ETA at this time for BPS Pro 9.0).  The php error is tied into a ARQ Cron Failsafe shutdown function and an additional conditional check needed to be added.

Peoplespaces
    Participant

OK. B ut when I try to exclude files and folders, this error occurs and no files or folders are actually excluded.

[16-May-2014 14:22:44 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'xxx_dbname.wp_bpspro_arq_add' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_bpspro_arq_add WHERE arq_add_backup LIKE '%/%' made by include('/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/autorestore.php')
    [16-May-2014 14:23:40 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'xxx_dbname.wp_bpspro_arq_add' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_bpspro_arq_add WHERE arq_add_backup LIKE '%/%' made by include('/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/autorestore.php')
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Then the php error is coincidental and some other problem is occurring with excluding folders and files.  Most likely a procedural error.  What exactly are you trying to exclude?  Be very specific.

Example:  I am trying to create an exclude rule for file X using tool/option X.  Use the exact name for the BPS Pro tool/option.  You do not have to expose any path information and can replace your path info with x’s:  /xxxx/xxxx/example.php.

Peoplespaces
    Participant

I am excluding /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/updraft/.htaccess using exclude worpress files, exclude specific file. It shows up in the excluded file list when I do a search.

Then I restore the file and turn arq back on and it gets quarantined again immediately.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Not sure why that is not working, but instead of using the exclude an individual file tool, use the Exclude Dynamic Folders – Temp/Cache tool (this page name and several other significant things have changed for this page in BPS Pro 9.0) and exclude the updraft folder.

Enter:  updraft (without anything else – no slashes and just the “updraft” folder name) in the path text box
    Enter: Exclude updraft Folder for your Label/Description in the Label/Description text box

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually the Updraft plugin is a backup plugin so what would be even better is to change the path where backups are stored to:  /bps-backup/updraft.  I assume the Updraft plugin allows you to change the folder location where backups are stored.  By doing this you would not have to create any exclude rules and BPS Pro automatically protects anything under the /bps-backup folder with Deny All .htaccess protection.

Peoplespaces
    Participant

Enter:  updraft (without anything else – no slashes and just the “updraft” folder name) in the path text box
    Enter: Exclude updraft Folder for your Label/Description in the Label/Description text box

That fixed it.

Actually the Updraft plugin is a backup plugin so what would be even better is to change the path where backups are stored to:  /bps-backup/updraft.  I assume the Updraft plugin allows you to change the folder location where backups are stored.  By doing this you would not have to create any exclude rules and BPS Pro automatically protects anything under the /bps-backup folder with Deny All .htaccess protection.

The back ups are being sent offsite but thanks for the suggestion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.