DB backup failure

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro DB backup failure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KS Mobile
    Participant

I have been using Pro ver for a few weeks and DB backup is not working properly. Now it goes to maintenance mode before backup complete.  So I can not set up daily backup jobs. I think something serious problem with my backup. Can you help looking into my system (will provide login if necessary)? Or any other info you need info you need to troubleshoot the issue? Appreciate your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Send a WordPress Administrator login to your site to:  info at ait-pro dot com.  Please describe in detail what this means – “Now it goes to maintenance mode before backup complete”.  What exactly are you seeing?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your site has a total of around 1,500 Posts/Pages, which is relatively low, but your database size is excessively large for that total number of Posts/Pages.  When I tried to run your scheduled scan manually I saw a 504 gateway timeout error, which most likely means your server overloaded.

Looking at the BPS Pro > DB Monitor > DB Status & Info tab page > your DB size is > DB Total Size is: 255.78 MB / 261,920 KB.

Looking at the DB Monitor main tab page these 2 database tables are excessively large:
    xx_options DB table is 107 MB in size.  The normal size range for the xx_options DB table is: 1MB to 10MB.
    xx_postmeta DB table is 104 MB in size. The normal size for the xx_postmeta DB table is half the total size of your xx_posts DB table, which is currently:  6.5 MB.  So your xx_postmeta DB table should only be:  3 MB to 3.6 MB.

Recommendation:
    Use phpMyAdmin in your web host control panel and figure out what (could be a plugin or your theme) is causing the excessive DB table sizes for the:  xx_options DB table and the xx_postmeta DB table and fix that problem by deleting whatever is causing that excessive DB table size.  Normally I would just recommend creating separate backup jobs to backup portions of your database tables to keep the total DB backup size down, but in your particular case something is obviously causing a major problem since those 2 DB tables are so large.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.