DB backup file location incorrect after website migration

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free DB backup file location incorrect after website migration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jack
    Participant

Hey guys, I wondered how I could change the file location for the DB backup file. The error I have is the following:

<div class="intercom-block-paragraph e19rsvrm0 intercom-1e6dnh7">2021/08/21 15:15:25 [error] 22060#22060: *469340 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: is_dir(): <b>open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/sharpshaft/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_0dUVxIc9H0Fu7Mu</b>) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/sharpshaft_604/public:/www/sharpshaft_604/mysqleditor:/www/sharpshaft_604/web:/www/sharpshaft_604/deploy:/www/sharpshaft_604/deployment:/www/sharpshaft_604/deployments:/usr/share:/tmp) in /www/sharpshaft_604/public/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/includes/admin.php on line 743" while reading response header from upstream, client: 78.30.0.208, server: sharpshaft.com, request: "POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php HTTP/1.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php7.3-fpm-sharpshaft.sock:", host: "sharpshaft.com", referrer: "<b>https://sharpshaft.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=elementor-tools</b>"

for some reason, my WordPress installation when loading elementor-tools is trying to load some backup files from a folder that does not exist:

<b>/home/sharpshaft/public_html</b>/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_0dUVxIc9H0Fu7Mu

this folder seems a left over from my old hosting provider, and it’s producing the above error.</div>
    <div class=”intercom-block-paragraph e19rsvrm0 intercom-1e6dnh7″>I have found this folder in my database:

<b>wphd_options:option_value</b></div>
    <div class="intercom-block-paragraph e19rsvrm0 intercom-1e6dnh7"><b>174</b>:0:"";s:20:"bps_db_backup_folder";s:74:"/home/sharpshaft/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/backu</div>

so it looks like the bps-backup needs to be reconfigured to:

/www/sharpshaft_604/public/wp-content/bps-backup/backups_0dUVxIc9H0Fu7Mu

which is the correct location on Kinsta servers.

How can I do this using the plugin?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You should be able to fix this problem by doing these steps below.

Go to BPS Pro > DB Backup.
    Click the Create Backup Jobs accordion tab/button.
    On the Right hand table column you will see the “Rename|Create|Reset Tool”. This tool will create a new DB Backup folder.
    Click the Rename|Create|Reset button.

Rename|Create|Reset Tool
    If you would like to change/rename the default BPS DB Backup folder name either use the automatically randomly generated new DB Backup folder name or you can edit the new DB Backup folder name in the Rename|Create|Reset DB Backup Folder Name: text box and click the Rename|Create|Reset button. Only use these valid characters: Letters A to Z uppercase or lowercase, Numbers 0-9 and/or a dash “-” or an underscore “_”. If you have DB Backup files they will not be affected/changed. The DB Backup File Download Link|URL path will also be changed and have the new DB Backup folder name in the URL path.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.