DB Connection Change

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro DB Connection Change

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Coleman
    Participant

Hi,

I am going through the pain of eliminating a multi-db plugin that is no longer supported. I had to recreate a new db combining 17 db. Fortunately, all of that worked and the sites were back up and running. Then following a server restart I am getting a db connection error where it is looking for the old db. I checked the server files and the new db plugin files are still in place and the old ones are no longer available. So, I am wondering if this may be caused by BPS Pro. Is it possible that following making changes to the wp-content directory that somehow BPS has reconnected the old db-config.php although it is not in the wp-content directory?

I am hoping there is a quick fix. Do I deactivate the plugin by changing the directory name or do I try to delete the backup folder inside the plugin?

Any thoughts?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

On a standard WordPress site the DB connection information is in the wp-config.php file.  So what would be required to manually edit the wp-config.php file with new DB connection information would be the AutoRestore|Quarantine Standard Procedural Steps when manually modifying files below.  BPS does not do anything with handling the DB connection.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Procedural Steps
    AutoRestore|Quarantine (ARQ IDPS) is a real-time file monitor that monitors all of your website files for any changes. When manually uploading or modifying files or folders with FTP use these simple procedural steps to avoid having those files autorestored and/or quarantined. If files are sent to Quarantine then use the Restore File option in Quarantine to restore those files. ARQ is amazing, but it cannot tell who you are if you are manually modifying or uploading files or folders outside of your WordPress Dashboard – that is not possible.

1. Turn AutoRestore Off on the AutoRestore page.
    2. Manually upload files or manually modify/edit files or folders.
    3. Click the appropriate AutoRestore Backup Files button: Root Files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files or wp-content Files Backup Files button or run the Setup Wizards.
    4. Turn AutoRestore back On.

Patrick Coleman
    Participant

It was unrelated to BPS Pro. I had a custom API created that the developer hard coded the db connection to the old db. I had to restore the old db to get the sites up before I figured it out. Now it is probably time to convert that API to an actual plugin.

Thanks for the quick response. I was losing hair trying to figure it out and thought I may not have fully understood the whole autorestore function. Fortunately, I was wrong.

Have a great day!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.