DB Crash – Unable to change wp-config because autorestore is on

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro DB Crash – Unable to change wp-config because autorestore is on

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eduardo
    Participant

Hello guys! Our site with BPSPRO installed had a problem with the database and I had to upload the database backup to another database and changed the access in wp-config.php.

The problem is that on the first access, BPS restores the previous wp-config.php with the broken database. I renamed the BPS folder via FTP and so it deactivates and does not send the wp-config.php to quarantine to be able to access the panel, but I don’t know how to solve the situation, because if I activate the BPS, it immediately sends the wp-config.php to quarantine and the site goes down, and if I uninstall and install again, it pulls the settings and sends wp-config.php to quarantine.

Do you have any guidance on how to proceed in this case? I need to make it stop sending wp-config.php to quarantine.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can turn Off AutoRestore using these steps.

Rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to /_bulletproof-security/.
    Login to your website, go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Must-Use link at the top of the Plugins page.  If AutoRestore is turned Off you will see – “AutoRestore is turned Off in green font under the BPS Pro MU Tools must-use plugin. If AutoRestore is not turned Off then click the “Turn Off AutoRestore” link.
    Rename the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder back to /bulletproof-security/.
    Activate the BPS Pro plugin.
    Leave AutoRestore Off until you are done manually doing whatever you are doing.
    Run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard after you are done doing whatever you are doing.

Eduardo
    Participant

That worked, thanks a lot!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.