Deleting TMP folder contents on Siteground hosting crashes WordPress

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Deleting TMP folder contents on Siteground hosting crashes WordPress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

The default behavior of Mscan is to Automatically Delete /tmp Files.

On Siteground hosting, the mysql socket data is stored in the /tmp folder.

If the admin does not remember to change this default setting before running Mscan,  running Mscan results in crashing all the WordPress sites on the account until Siteground techs restore the data from an image.

Can this default behavior be changed in future releases?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know this about SiteGround hosting. Not sure why deleting tmp files would cause that to happen, that is unusual. For now uncheck the MScan option to delete tmp files and we will look into this further to see why that would happen.

Jeff
    Participant

That’s the plan.  The second time it happened (on a new installation), I cringed as soon as I hit scan, remembering a second too late to change the default.

So, it is repeatable.

And I did confirm with Siteground support that this was how they set up their shared hosting accounts.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We will look into this further, but obviously you don’t want to use the MScan tmp files deletion feature since it causes problems on SiteGround hosting. 😉

Baton Vlad
    Participant

[Spam post deleted due to being unrelated to website security, WordPress, BPS or BPS Pro]

Harry Martin
    Participant

[Spam post deleted due to being unrelated to website security, WordPress, BPS or BPS Pro]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.