Deployment with GIT – Staging on Sub – Live on Main

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Deployment with GIT – Staging on Sub – Live on Main

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JB
    Participant

Hi admin,

i think this is the last post/question for this year 😉 because we are moving our sites – changing the server. That´s also the raeson for my question – the new server has a new setup/workflow for developing. We will use GIT and a simple workflow (with one server) like this:

• Staging = sub.domain.com
    • Live = domain.com
    • Developing = local repo

And now we are thinking about the PUSH/PULL from Staging to LIVE related to the BPS-Plugin. So, do we ignore (with .gitignore) the BPS-plugin if an update is coming up an do it manually in both systems? Or what do you think about it? What i the best and comfortable way?

Thanks, nukleuz

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am not familiar with GIT and have never personally used it.  I assume you can do remote installations?  If that is true then you would want to turn off AutoRestore if you are going to install, update, modify website files outside of your WordPress Dashboard otherwise AutoRestore will assume you are hacker remotely modifying / adding files on this website since that would simulate exactly your website being hacked.

AutoRestore is designed to handle things automatically if you are doing things within your WordPress Dashboard:
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#automation

If you are doing things manually or remotely outside of your WordPress Dashboard then you would use these AutoRestore procedural steps:
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The way I do development is that I create everything on a Local XAMPP installation – all Production websites, plugin code, etc etc etc.  Once I am done with the Development version of anything then I copy things individually.  ie a Theme, ie a Plugin, ie anything else.  I am firm believer in never doing a mass site clone.  It would probably go fine most of the time, but 1 experience in hell would be enough for me never to go there again.  I get a lot of emails from folks about this so it does happen when mass cloning.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.