Dev Server: BPS broken after repeated deactivations

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Dev Server: BPS broken after repeated deactivations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hello!

I need guidance on how to best re-instate BPS Pro after another dev deactivated multiple times.

I can’t enable without the Firewall / Plugin Firewall blocking core functions.

Should I just erase everything and start again?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, the most logical thing to try first would be to manually delete the /plugins/bulletproof-security/ plugin folder and the Plugin Firewall htaccess file /plugins/.htaccess.  Then re-install BPS Pro using the WordPress Plugin Upload Zip installer.  Then run the BPS Pro Setup Wizard.  If the same problem still exists then you will have to uninstall BPS Pro and re-install BPS Pro.

Michael
    Participant

After trying to delete the BPS plugin folder and also the plugin htaccess, and also the plugin from the WP dashboard, I’m still not able to activate the plugin, getting this error which indicates the system is counting the unique name of plugin folders and iterating, which I’ve tried a few times as you can see.

Do I need to delete tables from the DB?

Warning: require_once(/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security2-1/bulletproof-security.php on line 95

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lsws/lsphp71/share/pear:/usr/local/lsws/lsphp71/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security2-1/bulletproof-security.php on line 95
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That is a caching issue with PclZip (The WordPress Plugin Upload Zip installer).  Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and rename the /bulletproof-security2-1/ folder name to /bulletproof-security/.  Then go to the WordPress Plugins page and activate the BPS Pro plugin.

Michael
    Participant

I did try that step and the plugin activation failed reporting that the folder did not exist, as if it were looking for the numbered BPS folder…  then starting getting a fatal PHP error.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok well that usually works.  Double check that you are renaming the correct BPS Plugin folder and double check that all caches have been cleared.  You should also try logging out of your website and closing and reopening your Browser (all Windows and all Tabs).  Then relaunch your Browser, login to your website, go to the WordPress Plugins page and activate BPS Pro.

Also I just thought of another possible problem.  The name of the BPS Pro zip file MUST be bulletproof-security.zip (the BPS Pro zip file saved on your computer) when you install the BPS Pro zip file using the WordPress Plugins Upload Zip installer.

Michael
    Participant

Wow, that was it, having downloaded multiple Pro Zips over the month of dev.  Thanks for helping find this easy one!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No problem and yeah I’ve done that boo boo before myself. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.