Disable Login With Email Address

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Disable Login With Email Address

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve tried to implement the “No Login by Email Address” plugin OR to use

remove_filter( ‘authenticate’, ‘wp_authenticate_email_password’, 20 );

in theme’s functions.php which also deactivate login by Email Address.

It seems that when BulletProof Security (I have the Pro version) is activated we can still log with Email Address.

When I deactivate BulletProof, the plugin “No Login by Email Address” OR the filter is working.

Do you experience the same behavior?

If yes, it is possible to deactivate the login by Email Address when BulletProof is activated?

Thank you !

Robert

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can turn Off BPS Login Security on the Login Security page > Turn On|Turn Off > Login Security Off.

Robert
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.

Yes. Turning Off BPS Login Security, it was possible to make the “No Login by Email Address” plugin, effective.

But because we lost the Brute Force Protection from BPS, I’ve tried with another plugin for this functionality only.

With the free version of the Loginizer plugin, I can have the “max retries, lockout time, max lockouts and so on” and then have a Brute Force Protection AND the “No Login by Email Address” plugin is working.

Also, I can use at the same time the “JTC Anti-Spam/Anti-Hacker” from BPS.

Maybe there is a more elegant solution, but this one is working for me.

Thank you !

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If the other plugins are not using the same login page hook as JTC you should be able to use the other login security plugin with JTC. Test if JTC is working correctly or not by not entering a CAPTCHA and see if you can login. If you can login without entering a CAPTCHA then the other login security plugin is overriding the JTC login page hook.

Robert
    Participant

Thank you for the advice.

I’ve tried to log without entering the CAPTCHA from JTC and I can’t.

Then, it seems that the other login security plugin is not overriding the JTC login page hook which is a good new.

Thanks !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.