Dismiss Notice – 404 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Dismiss Notice – 404 error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adendum
    Participant

I have just installed BPS Free into an established site and this is a new set up. In installed using Firefox and set up the plugin as normal. I added three of the bonus codes and dismissed notices for each one while in Admin. I then logged in as one of the editors, using Chrome, and the Dismiss Notice button gives me a 404 page?!? I logged out of Chrome and logged back in as the same editor using Firefox and the same problem happens.

WP 4.2.1
    BPS .51.7

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This has been fixed in BPS .51.8.  The issue is when you first login to your site you have a literal URL of:  /wp-admin.  So for now click on the WordPress Dashboard link to get an URL like this:  /wp-admin/index.php or any other link in your Dashboard and the Dismiss Notice will be dismissed correctly.

Code in BPS .51.7:

if ( esc_html($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) == '' ) {
    $bps_base = basename(esc_html($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) . '?';
    } else {
    $bps_base = str_replace( admin_url(), '', esc_html($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) ) . '&';
    }

Code in BPS .51.8:

if ( esc_html($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) == '' && basename(esc_html($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) != 'wp-admin' ) {
    $bps_base = basename(esc_html($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) . '?';
    } elseif ( esc_html($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) == '' && basename(esc_html($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) == 'wp-admin' ) {
    $bps_base = basename( str_replace( 'wp-admin', 'index.php?', esc_html($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])));
    } else {
    $bps_base = str_replace( admin_url(), '', esc_html($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) ) . '&';
    }
    Adendum
    Participant

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks for the RAPID response!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.