Display PHP Error Messages, WordPress Debug Code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Display PHP Error Messages, WordPress Debug Code

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David M
    Participant

In my development site I am looking to be able to display PHP whilst still having BPS active.
    I have edited my php.ini file and changed:
    display_error=On
    display_startup_erros=On
    However, when I check within the php.ini Security Status tab these two values are still being displayed as Off
    Also I am not getting any error messages displayed when I deliberately create an error in my php code – all that happens is that the page does not display.
    Can you tell me what settings are need to make to enable display of errors for a development site.
    I fully understand the need to switch display off in my production sites but I want to get my development site[s] set up in the most productive way.
    Thanks
    David

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can do this using the BPS Pro P-Security >>> ini_set Options.  Choose Turn On Display Errors and Turn On Display Startup Errors and then click 1. Save Options and 2. Enable Options buttons.

I am not sure if WordPress Debugging options in the wp-config.php file will interfere with this in WordPress 3.5 or 3.5.1.  It did not in previous versions of WordPress, but a lot of things changed in 3.5.

If what you are actually looking for is WordPress Debugging or if for some reason turning on ini_set Options does not work correctly for you intended purposes then you can use this WordPress Debug code in your wp-config.php file.  You would change “false” to “true” for debugging.

/**
    * For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
    * Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
    * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
    * in their development environments.
    */
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

David M
    Participant

Many thanks.
    I confirm that the following worked in 3.5.1
    You can do this using the BPS Pro P-Security >>> ini_set Options.  Choose Turn On Display Errors and Turn On Display Startup Errors and then click 1. Save Options and 2. Enable Options buttons.
    Appreciate the speedy response

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming that this still works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.