WordPress Display Time – GMT vs UTC

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Display Time – GMT vs UTC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Geoff
    Participant

Is it possible to change how BPSP displays times so it will display the custom time based on my WP settings and not the server time?  My server is in CA while I am four hours ahead in FL.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Display time where?  BPS uses standard i18n WordPress code/functions that get your date and time from your WordPress General settings for whatever date and time format you have chosen for your website.  I believe the only place that BPS uses the Server’s UNIX timestamp is for the date/time for the Reset Last Modified Time in DB buttons.  Those date/times actually do not need to be displayed at all and will probably be removed in a later version of BPS Pro.  Your date/time timestamps in your Log files, Dashboard Status display, etc. are whatever your WordPress General settings are for the date and time that you have chosen.

Geoff
    Participant

The header in dashboard:

BPS Pro 9.0 || RBM: On || WBM: On || ARQ: On : 30 Min : 2:21 PM || DBM: On : 15 Min : 2:21 PM || DBB: June 22, 2014 8:04 AM || PFW: On || UAEG: On || LSM: On || JTC: On

This was copied at 6:18 EST

Geoff
    Participant

WP Settings:

UTC time is 2014-06-22 22:19:38
    Local time is 2014-06-22 18:19:38

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm I think what the problem is is that BPS uses GMT instead of UTC.  For the timezone pick a city instead of a UTC time.

Geoff
    Participant

I have Detroit selected. Is there another setting to look at in WP General Settings?

Geoff
    Participant

I changed to UTC-4 and fixed the header date issue. few alerts but fixed that issue…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have Los Angeles selected and see the correct time.  The UTC time for Los Angeles is -7 hours:  UTC time is 2014-06-22 22:21:31 Local time is 2014-06-22 15:21:31.  If I wanted to use the UTC settings I would have to use UTC -7 hours so I guess you could do something similar and do UTC -4.

Geoff
    Participant

Why would Detroit not give same results as UTC-4?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your guess is as good as mine.  I tested using Detroit and it works correctly for me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.