Divi Theme – 4 temp files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Divi Theme – 4 temp files quarantined

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rami M
    Participant

Thanks for the great support.

Now after latest 4.0.5 update, I am seeing many files being quarantined all from this ET folder:

~/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/

I tried excluding that folder and seems all is fine now.

Any advice?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Someone else contacted us via email about this Divi Theme update issue.

Email Question:
    With the latest Divi update we are getting 100’s of auto quarantines from files like /wp-content/et-cache/attachment_id_by_url.data

/et-cache/image_responsive_metadata.data
    /wp-content/et-cache/en_US/modules-post-15733105517067.data
    /et-cache/en_US/modules-product-15733107866956.data
    /wp-content/et-cache/image_srcset_sizes.data

So on and so forth. I’ve tried restoring, i’ve tried deleting, i’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, i’ve tried rerunning the setup. Nothing is helping. I attempted to whitelist the folder and got an error because it’s not a (*.js) style. At this point I have no idea what to do.

Please advise.

Solution:
    These appear to be cache files. Create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule for the et-cache folder.

AutoRestore|Quarantine steps for creating wp-content folder and single AutoRestore|file exclude rules
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

Rami M
    Participant

Thanks a million!

I can confirm that excluding ~/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/ did the trick.

1- Turn AutoRestore Off

2- Exclude wp-content Folders

3- Add et-cache

4- Save Folder Exclude Rules

5- From AutoRestore|Quarantine Menu – Go to “wp-content Files” and click “Backup Files”

6- Turn AutoRestore On again

Casey Lee
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

BPS is quaranting a lot of my files the past week. How do I correct this problem so I don’t get flooded with Quarantine files?

[BPS Pro 14.2: wp-content File Quarantine Logged: November 11, 2019 8:42 pm]
    Quarantined Filename: image_responsive_metadata.data
    Quarantine Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/et-cache/image_responsive_metadata.data
    Restore Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/image_responsive_metadata.data

Quarantined Filename: attachment_size_by_url.data
    Quarantine Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/et-cache/attachment_size_by_url.data
    Restore Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/attachment_size_by_url.data

Quarantined Filename: attachment_id_by_url.data
    Quarantine Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/et-cache/attachment_id_by_url.data
    Restore Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/attachment_id_by_url.data

Quarantined Filename: image_srcset_sizes.data
    Quarantine Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/et-cache/image_srcset_sizes.data
    Restore Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/image_srcset_sizes.data

Quarantined Filename: modules-page-1573503087772.data
    Quarantine Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/et-cache/en_US/modules-page-1573503087772.data
    Restore Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/en_US/modules-page-1573503087772.data

Quarantined Filename: et-core-unified-938-15735041298424.min.css
    Quarantine Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/et-cache/938/et-core-unified-938-15735041298424.min.css
    Restore Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/938/et-core-unified-938-15735041298424.min.css

Quarantined Filename: et-core-unified-35-15735030870245.min.css
    Quarantine Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/et-cache/35/et-core-unified-35-15735030870245.min.css
    Restore Path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/35/et-core-unified-35-15735030870245.min.css

[Duplicate log entries deleted]

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Casey Lee – Your Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic.

Create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule for the et-cache folder.

AutoRestore|Quarantine steps for creating wp-content folder and single AutoRestore|file exclude rules
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

Casey Lee
    Participant

Thank you!

bbmedia
    Participant

I have followed the instructions to the letter to designate a top level folder to ignore et-cache as per

I’ve tried the absolute paths /sites/XXXX/files/wp-content/et-cache/ & also /sites/XXXX/files/wp-content/et-cache but neither wants to work.  I have used the specific folder and file exclusion options before successfully, however this top level folder doesn’t seem to want to work. I don’t know whether it is supposed to appear in the “excluded” lists when I do a search for /

I have also  re-run the Setup Wizard.

Either way I am still getting entries in quarantine for this annoying theme that a particular hosting client uses.

I’d rather not have to set specific folders since et-cache creates many sub-folders.

Any further ideas?

Rami M
    Participant

Divi working with no problem…

I can confirm that excluding ~/public_html/wp-content/et-cache/ did the trick.

1- Turn AutoRestore Off

2- Go to exclude wp-content Folders, go to a box to add a folder to exclude there and only add this

3-  et-cache

4- Save Folder Exclude Rules

5- From AutoRestore|Quarantine Menu – Go to “wp-content Files” and click “Backup Files”

6- Turn AutoRestore On again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.