Network/Multisite Redirect to another website and still login to the website

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Network/Multisite Redirect to another website and still login to the website

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gartside
    Participant

So my main domain is metnights.com and it is a wordpress multisite. One of the subsites is metnights.com/boh. I have bought the domain businessofhonor.org and have it forwarded and masked on the metnights/boh website. Everything seems to work fine except when i try and log in. I get a blank screen. It shows no errors or anything, its just blank. When i remove the masking it works fine.

It seems to be a security block, is there a way around this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Instead of doing masking or forwarding (causes unneeded headaches & problems galore) in your Host Control panel the much simpler solution is just to create an .htaccess redirect rule in BPS Custom Code.  Since this is a Network/Multisite site the Primary site is the site where you will be creating this redirect rule/code below.

For a Network/Multisite Subdirectory site where you still want to be able to login to the Dashboard of subsite “boh” and want to redirect the front end of the “boh” subsite to another site this is the code modification you would make to the WP Rewrite Loop Start code.

1.  Copy this code below to this BPS Root Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE WP REWRITE LOOP START: Add www to non-www/non-www to www code here
    2.  Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.
    Just as an example:  This is the standard WP Rewrite Loop Start htaccess code

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

This is the custom code after modifying the WP Rewrite Loop Start code

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^(/wp-admin|.*wp-login\.php.*|.*boh/wp-admin|.*boh.*wp-login\.php.*) [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*boh/ [NC]
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.businessofhonor.org/ [R=301,L]
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

To Redirect a Single standard WordPress site instead of Network/Multisite
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/301-redirect-and-old-wordpress-dashboard/#post-12531

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.