e-mail alert when ARQ shutdown automatically

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro e-mail alert when ARQ shutdown automatically

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

I experienced, that sometimes ARQ shut down automaticaly. is it possible to receive e-mail message of this event?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Usually when ARQ shuts itself down it it just for several milliseconds to allow new files to be backed up and then ARQ is turned back on, but if you are referring to some sort of ARQ FailSafe that kicks in when ARQ detects a catastrophic problem that could cause major problems then I would need the specific details of that scenario to see if an email alert should be sent or not.

Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

No!

I tested it more carefuly. BPS ARQ shut down, when I refresh the theme. In this case ARQ would not switch on again. Is this a bug?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am not completely sure what you are describing or asking about.  It is completely normal for ARQ to turn itself off automatically during certain situations, backup files automatically and turn itself back on.  For example during a WordPress automatic update ARQ does those things automatically.  If you are updating a theme or installing a new theme then an ARQ Dashboard message is displayed to you with a link to click to complete ARQ file backup and turn ARQ back on.

What exactly does “refresh the theme” mean?

Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

I tested this very carefully on many pages and many cases. When I upgrade the active theme, ARQ switch off automaticaly, but never switch on again. I have to switch on manually. This happens 100% after the theme upgrade. Once it happened that I logged in after a month, and found that ARQ was shut down. Since when? Maybe I forgot to switch on one month ago, when I upgraded the theme?  I am not sure.

What is for sure: after upgrade theme to a new version, ARQ shut down and never turn itself on.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you would like for us to login and check for any issues/problems on your site then send a WordPress Administrator login to this site to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Logged into the site and it appeared that WordPress needed to be reinstalled.  Reinstalled WordPress:  Dashboard menu > Updates menu > Re-install Now button.  If the problem occurs again then let me know.

Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

I answered the following message in e-mail: “Yes, it occured. Try it! Active theme now needed to be updated. Please
    update, and ARQ will be shut down.” Since then  this test site had been shut down. I read that another user also reported the same bug. This error occurs in all my sites (I have many).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Send a WordPress Administrator login to a site where the problem is occuring so that I can figure out what is causing this problem on your website/server.  Since this is not happening for anyone else then this is a problem that has to do with something you have installed on your website/server or your server itself or you are just misunderstanding how ARQ works normally when upgrading or installing Themes.  Send the login to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

AutoRestore (ARQ) Automation
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#automation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.