WordPress Edit Menus – 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WordPress Edit Menus – 403 error

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new to BPS. On http://www.kimberlybuilders.com, I was able to update one main menu item (wp-admin > appearance > menus), but subsequent menu edits give me a “403 Forbidden Error” page. I consulted my web host, who installed BPS for me and they suggest trying another security plugin. I’d like to give BPS a fair chance before I remove it, though.

What can I do to allow regular editing tasks, such as updating the site menu?

Thank you,
    Laurie

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS should not affect the WordPress Edit Menus page in any way.  Click the activate Root folder BulletProof Mode and wp-admin BulletProof Mode buttons again to ensure that you have correct .htaccess files for your website.

Also post the log entry that relates to this 403 error from your BPS Security Log.

Also just in case your Theme or a Plugin is hooking into the WordPress Edit Menus page and is using this WordPress function – flush_rewrite_rules() inappropriately (very common coding mistake in 1,000′s of plugins and themes), go to the BPS htaccess File Editor page and lock your root .htaccess file.  This will prevent other plugins or your theme from deleting your root .htaccess file code inappropriately.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.