Editor bar not showing when BPS activated, Version 12.6.1

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Editor bar not showing when BPS activated, Version 12.6.1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

First off, I think BPS is great and it’s worked really well since I installed it in October of 2015. Thank you for that.

I noticed a few days ago that the WP editor bar was not showing in new posts or pages. Tried disabling multiple plug-ins, reloading the template and WP 4.7.2 to no avail. Finally decided to disable BPS 12.5 and everything worked fine.

I’ve also noticed that the admin section of the site has been running slow, that may or may not be related.

Every time I disable BPS the editor toolbar re-appears and it disappears and the page fails to refresh every time I reactivate BPS.

I tried running the set-up wizard again, clearing the plug-in whitelist and finally uninstalled and installed 12.6.1

The moment BPS is enabled, the editor bar vanishes again. Ideas? Thanks in advance for the insight, I’ve not “technically inclined” so this stuff tends to baffle me.

— Todd

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Is the “WP editor bar” a plugin editing bar or something standard in WP?  If this is related to another plugin then post a link to the plugin so we can test it and see what is going on.

Todd
    Participant

The standard text editor bar that appears at the top of the pages for Add Post or Add Page in WordPress, not plug-in specific. It’s like the formatting bar of options that appears above this area for adding text, begins with Paragraph, then has options to format the text.

It does not appear when BPS is activated, re-appears when BPS is deactivated.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok got it.  Try deactivating all of your other plugins and only activate BPS Pro and let me know if the same problem is occurring.

It may be quicker and simpler for me to figure out what is causing the problem by logging into this site.  If that works for you then send a WordPress Administrator login to this site to: info at ait-pro dot com.

Todd
    Participant

Thank you. I’ve sent you credentials.

Todd
    Participant

Thank you for all the time you spent on the web site to resolve the issue! Amazing response time. It certainly is a reflection of your dedication to customer service.

Seaming together all of these plug-ins for WP is obviously tricky stuff! So interesting to discover that the issues were not directly related to BPS, but rather the programs attempt to protect the site from 2 other plug-ins that are causing PHP errors! Super cool and a total bummer all at the same time!

ROCK STAR SERVICE 5 STARS.

Thank you so much!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, sometimes it is difficult to figure out exactly where the root problem is occurring when a “combo” or chain reaction problem is happening.  A coding mistake in 1 plugin can make other plugins malfunction or break other things and the problem appears to be caused by a different plugin.  Yep, it can be tricky stuff, but usually just doing the basic WP troubleshooting steps (ie deactivate plugins one by one – test and switch your theme – test) will isolate where the root problem is coming from.

Todd
    Participant

Could you tell me where you found all the PHP errors? Not what was causing them, but where you were able to find them to send me the screenshots 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro has a php error log here > P-Security > PHP Error Log tab page.

The 2 significant errors are these:

I’m pretty sure this php error is caused by some sort of setting problem with the google pagespeed insights premium plugin. So send that php error to that plugin author and see if this is a common known issue/problem.

[14-Feb-2017 16:19:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Google_ServiceResource' not found in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins//google-api/src/contrib/Google_PagespeedonlineService.php on line 25

These php errors are not easy to figure out which plugin or whatever else is causing the php errors because they are triggering WP Core files in the php error instead of displaying which plugin is the root cause of the php errors. So you are going to have to do standard WP troubleshooting steps and try to figure out which plugin is causing these errors. Will probably take you some time to figure that out unfortunately.

[14-Feb-2017 16:35:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 800555 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/kses.php on line 1390

[14-Feb-2017 16:39:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1846

[14-Feb-2017 16:50:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3 bytes) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1846
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.