Endurance Cache on Pre-Set-up Wizard

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Endurance Cache on Pre-Set-up Wizard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joel Montgomery
    Participant

My search on the “Endurance Cache” topic did not result in anything I can use. I am setting-up BPS Pro on a new website and the Pre-Set-up Wizard keeps telling me (in red) “Error-Endurance Page Cache (EPC) Auto-Setup Unsuccessful. Then (in blue) it tells me the fix (which, by the way, doesn’t work). I’ve talked to tech support at Hostgator, my host for this website, and they have Endurance Cache set-up on their servers. Indeed, the Settings-General page for WordPress lets me change to four different levels. I changed twice, saved the changes, and ran the Pre-Set-Up Wizard again. I keep getting the same results. I went ahead and ran the full set-up wizard which said everything was fine, then I get a blue note saying to fix the Endurance Cache. Nothing BPS Pro says to do works in this case. I didn’t bother to reprint the instructions because they didn’t work anyway.  Anyone else have a fix for this?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Sounds like something major has changed with the EPC plugin again and we need to change our error checking code again for the EPC plugin.  I’ll post a status update after we have had a chance to test the newest version of the EPC plugin.  For now you can probably just ignore the BPS error message.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We are borderline on deciding to continue to offer the “courtesy” custom coding work (ie Setup Wizard AutoFix) for the EPC plugin and I believe we will make one more code change for the EPC plugin and if major things change again then unfortunately we are not going to be able to include the EPC plugin in the Setup Wizard AutoFix feature. It’s time consuming enough keeping up with our own stuff. 😉 All that would mean is the older manual EPC plugin setup steps would need to be used instead of a 1 button click “autofix” thing.

I am currently working on this issue now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am unable to find the most current version of the EPC plugin that used to be on GitHub.  It appears that the EPC plugin is no longer being worked on or updated on GitHub.  So I’m at the point where this is becoming too difficult a thing to continue to mess with any longer and have decided that we will no longer include the EPC plugin in the Setup Wizard AutoFix feature.  So we are going to remove the EPC plugin code from the Setup Wizard AutoFix feature in the next BPS Pro version and folks will have to revert back to manual setup steps here > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/endurance-page-cache-infinite-redirect-loop-css-and-js-broken/ Important Note: The htaccess code used in the manual setup steps may not be exactly the same, but hopefully the manual EPC plugin htaccess code setup steps will remain the same or very similar to the steps in that forum topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.