Constant ABSPATH already defined in wp-config.php

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Constant ABSPATH already defined in wp-config.php

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    guy te watson
    Participant

When I click the “Pre Installation Wizard” Setup button I get the error “Error establishing a database connection”  when I activate any combination of plugins so it is not just a particular plugin that I can tell. If I have no other plugin running but BPS then “Pre Installation Wizard” works correctly and it goes to the results page with all successes. But when I activate a few other plugins then it gives me that error.

I just updated WordPress to the Newest version 4.1… but BPS and all plugins were of during the upgrade and I Saved the New wordpress files in the Auto/Restore function so no older files were Quarantined, except I am having a problem with “wp-config.php” being  Quarantined off and on now and I am getting a constant PHP error in the PHP error log that says

[12-Apr-2015 21:31:33 UTC] PHP Notice:  Constant ABSPATH already defined in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-config.php on line 52

The PHP error log “Reset Last Modified Time in DB” button does not seem to reset the time or when I press it the “A PHP Error has been logged in your PHP Error Log” remains at the top because another html/wp-config.php on line 52 error has occured. Please help.  How do I get this stuff fixed. I have tried for hours to figure it out.

In Christ
    guy te

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Maybe your memory limit is set too low and your site is out of memory.  Check the BPS System Info page – PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit.  If your Memory Limit is less than 128M then contact your Host and have them increase the memory limit to at least 128M.

Do these steps for all the other issues:
    1.  Turn Off AutoRestore.
    2.  Edit your wp-config.php file and fix this problem: Constant ABSPATH already defined in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-config.php on line 52. Look at line 52 in your wp-config.php file and fix whatever that problem is.
    3. Go to the Setup Wizard Options Tab page. cURL Scan Option: Turn On|Off cURL Scan – set this option to: Turn Off cURL Scan and click the Save cURL|DB Monitor Options button.
    4. Run the Pre-installation Wizard and then the Setup Wizard.

guy te watson
    Participant

Please XXX out the for XXXX in the path I gave you in the first post.
    Here are my limits is this okay?
    WordPress Base Memory Limit: 40M
    PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit: 256M

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

256M is even better than 128M so that is not the problem.  Do the steps above and let me know what happens.

guy te watson
    Participant

I corrected the PHP Line 52 error and that php error is not coming up anymore. and the wp-config.php is not being quarantined.

I increased the BPS @ini_set('memory_limit','64M'); to @ini_set('memory_limit','512M');

I turned off the cURL scan and Pre Installation ran but it did not find any Plugin Firewall paths to whitelist and the few that was in there disappeared so the Plugins Whitelist emptied out when I ran the Pre Installation with cURL scan off. I turned cULR scan back on and it came up with the same database error but if found paths to whitelist and a little more than it was finding before when the error came up.  So still not working right. I need all the paths to be whitelisted so my sight functions properly. What now?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Wizards do not remove Plugin Firewall whitelist rules.  When the Wizard cURL scan option is turned off then the site is just not scanned again.  As of BPS Pro 9.8 a new feature was added that automatically detects and creates Plugin Firewall whitelist rules – Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode.  I seem to remember that also you have a mod_security problem with your host server and that you may have Security Logging turned off.  Security Logging MUST be turned on in order for AutoPilot Mode to work.  Or another option is you can either post your website URL or email me the website URL to this website and I can scan it remotely and post your whitelist rules.

guy te watson
    Participant

That’s Okay.  I just tested the Autopilot and it is working. I emptied the Whitelist and set it for a cron scan every minute and it populated the paths. It is working and I put it back on a 15 minute scan. no need for remote scanning.

Thank!
    In Christ
    guy te

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming everything is good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.