LITESPEED WP CACHE PLUGIN displayed in BPS Status Display

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro LITESPEED WP CACHE PLUGIN displayed in BPS Status Display

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carlo
    Participant

recently i noticed at the top of my admin dashboard, I’m getting a weird text that shouldn’t be there mixed into the BPS Status Display. looks like something from lightspeed cache that shouldn’t be there, not sure why it there.

I also “Inspected” the page code and that error is wrapped inside of a “bps-status-display” div id.

I have this at the beginning of the status display: EGIN LSCACHE ## LITESPEED WP CACHE PLUGIN – Do

So the top of my dashboard looks like this: EGIN LSCACHE ## LITESPEED WP CACHE PLUGIN – Do RBM: OnWBM: OnARQ: On : 2 Min : 4:39 pm MSCAN:  DBM: On : 15 Min : 4:47 pm DBB:  PFW: AutoPilot : 10 Min : 4:43 pmUAEG: OnLSM: OnJTC: On

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is happening is that the LiteSpeed Cache plugin has created its htaccess code at the very top of the Root htaccess file.  The BPS Pro Status Display displays the very top of the Root htaccess file to get the BPS Pro version number. Do these steps below to fix this issue.

1. Go to the BPS Pro > B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page > click the “Your Current Root htaccess File” tab
    2. Copy the entire LiteSpeed section of htaccess code.
    3. Go to the Custom Code tab page > click the Root htaccess File Custom Code accordion tab/button.
    4. Paste the LiteSpeed htaccess code into this Root Custom Code text box:  1. CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE.
    5. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    6. Go to the Security Modes tab and click the Root folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Note: If I have time in BPS Pro 15 I will be adding LiteSpeed Cache to the BPS Pro Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoSetup) feature, which will automatically setup LiteSpeed Cache htaccess code with BPS.  If I don’t have enough time to add LiteSpeed Cache in BPS Pro 15 then I will add it in 15.1.

Carlo
    Participant

thanks for such a quick response, i will give that a go and hopefully will fix my issue.

thanks again

Carlo
    Participant

ok i just gave that a go and seems to all be ok.

Just for testing, i removed lightspeed and installed Breeze cache plugin, it idi the same thing (added code to the top).

I followed your instructions and all went well. one thing i wasnt sure of, is when i initially copied the code from Breeze cache at the top of the htaccess file, was i meant to just copy or cut? i just copied the text and placed it where you mentioned it and followed your instructions and it doesnt seem to have duplicated.

let me know if that was correct. thanks

Carlo
    Participant

i just changed some settings in Breeze cache and this has now been added to the tops of the htaacess file:

Do I do the same as before?

#Expires headers configuration added by BREEZE WP CACHE plugin
    SetEnv BREEZE_BROWSER_CACHE_ON 1
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
    ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 0 seconds"
    ExpiresByType text/xml "access plus 0 seconds"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/javascript "access 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/xml "access plus 0 seconds"
    ExpiresByType application/json "access plus 0 seconds"
    ExpiresByType application/javascript "access 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/xhtml-xml "access 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
    ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
    </IfModule>
    #End of expires headers configuration
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Doing a copy or cut does not matter since you will be creating a new htaccess file after you save your custom htaccess code to BPS Custom Code and Activate Root folder BulletProof Mode (creates a new htaccess file using the htaccess code saved in Custom Code).

Yep, add the new Breeze htaccess caching code in BPS Custom Code.
    Save your changes.
    Activate Root folder BulletProof Mode again.

Carlo
    Participant

just a quick update, Breeze cache: https://wordpress.org/plugins/breeze/ has updated a few times over the last few months and I’ve had to do this process each time as it add it code to the top of BPS in the htaccess file.

if possible could you look at working in a fix for this in the future. thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do these steps below and let me know if this solves the issue.

You can lock your Root htaccess file to prevent other plugins from writing to it.
    1. Go to the BPS Pro > B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page.
    2. Click the Lock htaccess File and Turn On AutoLock buttons.
    3. Deactivate and activate the Breeze – WordPress Cache Plugin.

Carlo
    Participant

question about doing this, dont we want/need plugins to add their code to the htaccess file? isn’t it needed for the plugin to perform correctly?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well yes and no.  On first time installation of a plugin or when changing a plugin’s option settings and that plugin creates htaccess code (very few plugins do anything with htaccess code – usually only caching plugins and security plugins) then you would want your Root htaccess file to be unlocked.  After installation or updating that plugin’s option settings you would want your Root htaccess file to be locked. The reason you want your Root htaccess file to be locked most of the time is to prevent the problem the Breeze plugin is creating.  Also a lot of plugins and themes use the WordPress flush_rewrite_rules() function, which adds the standard WP Rewrite htaccess code to the bottom of your Root htaccess file.  That is not a major problem and is instead a nuisance problem.

If you have added the Breeze htaccess code to BPS Root Custom Code, saved it and activated BPS Root folder BulletProof Mode and the Breeze plugin problem keeps happening then that means the Breeze plugin is not checking the Root htaccess file contents first for its htaccess code and instead adds its htaccess code to the Root htaccess file again whether or not it already exists in the Root htaccess file.  Locking your Root htaccess file will prevent this Breeze coding mistake from reoccurring.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.