Error: Invalid|Incorrect BPS Pro Activation Key

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Error: Invalid|Incorrect BPS Pro Activation Key

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hindssites
    Participant

I purchased BPS Pro and was sent a “Download-Request Key”. I entered it and received an “Activation Key”. I was having problems with the site so I started completely over, resinstalled PBS Pro, entered the “Activation Key” and got the error message that it was not valid. So I went back and entered the “Download-Request Key” first. No email with the “Activation Key” arrived so I used the old “Activation Key” and still get the error message. Do you have any idea how I can activate BPS Pro?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked the API Server logs and see that originally your domain URL did have the www Domain prefix in the URL. Your current domain URL does not have the www Domain prefix in the URL (see Important Notes).  The Activation Key you are currently using will only work for the www domain prefix URL.  Request a new Activation Key by doing the BPS Pro Activation Steps below.

BPS Pro Activation Steps:
    1. Enter the BPS Pro Download-Request Key that was emailed to you when you purchased BPS Pro into the Save Download-Request Key text box and click the Save Download-Request Key button.
    2. Click the Get Activation Key button to get your BPS Pro Activation Key. Your Activation Key will be emailed to your PayPal email address that you used to purchase BPS pro with.
    3. Copy and Paste the BPS Pro Activation Key that was emailed to your PayPal email address into the Save Activation Key text box and click the Save Activation Key button.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    • Some Activation Keys contain dots (.) as part of the encrypted Activation Key. If your Activation Key contains a dot at the end of your Activation Key it is not a period and is part of the Activation Key. Copy the entire Activation Key including any dots (.) into the Save Activation Key text box and click the Save Activation Key button.
    • Each website requires its own unique BPS Pro Activation Key. Do the BPS Pro Activation Steps below on each of your websites.
    • If you change your domain URL in any way then request a new BPS Pro Activation Key. Domain URL changes would be changing your domain name, moving your website to a new folder/URL, changing HTTP to HTTPS, changing your Domain prefix from www to non-www or vice versa.

BPS Pro Invalid|Incorrect Activation Key error message:

BPS Pro Activation ErrorError: Invalid|Incorrect BPS Pro Activation Key
    Go to the BPS Pro Activation page and enter a valid Activation Key for this website and click the Save Activation Key button.
    stefano
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    hi
    I’ve purchased the pro version of BPS. Following videotutorial, I disabled the free version, then I uninstalled it, reloaded the page a couple of time and installed the downloaded PRO. Inserted the download key, got the activation key and saved it. At the top of the page appeared a message saying that BPS is activated and I’m required to “click here” to get the configuration page. But “clicking here” I have just a blank page and a message that says that the activation key is incorrect and I have to activate again. And again, and again … How can I activate the plugin?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Stefano – I checked the API Server logs and I see that you are entering an Activation Key instead of a Download-Key.  I am resending your Dowload-Request Key email to: stefanoali.catania AT gmail DOT com  in case you never received it.

stefano
    Participant

Actually I had missed the dot at the end of the activation key

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Stefano – Great!  At some point we need to do something about those dots (.) that randomly show up in some encrypted Activation Keys.  Still working on the best solution for that problem. 😉

Matthew Torres
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I tried to update our website to the latest version of BPS Pro.  During the update the website crashed with 500 errors.  I could not log in or view my site.
    I resorted to restoring my website from a Duplicator plugin.
    Now that my site is back up, I reinstalled BPS Pro.  Followed the Activation steps, by creating a new Activation Key.
    Recieved notifcation that BPS Pro has been Activated Successfully…but when I run the Setup wizard, it gives me the error that the plugin is not activated.
    I tried removing the plugin and reinstalling, but get the same problem.
    Please help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Matthew Torres – I checked the API Server logs and the Activation Key that you have entered is missing the dot ( . ) on the end of the Activation Key.  Type in the missing dot and click the Save Activation Key button.  Another possible problem is that this URI/folder name has an uppercase P and a lowercase p: /Product and /product. Your BPS Pro Activation Keys are your entire website domain URL encrypted. So you will have a completely different BPS Pro Activation Key for either of those URI/folder names. Make sure you are using the correct BPS Pro Activation Key for whichever or each website domain URLs.

Matthew Torres
    Participant

I still couldn’t get it to work.  So I downloaded the Duplicator backup I had from before BPS Pro was installed.  I restored it on our local server, and it is working fine.  Now I have to make a duplicator backup of the local website and migrate it back to our cloud server.

Now when I restore the backup, it will be under a new hostname, for example, it will change from testing.mycompany.com to product.mycompany.com.  How will the licensing be affected in this instance, will i just need to reapply the license of product.mycompany.com?

Thanks for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Matthew Torres – Your BPS Pro Activation Key is your entire website domain URL encrypted.  So if anything changes about the website domain URL then you would request a new Activation Key for BPS Pro on that website.  If your website domain URL stayed exactly the same and you moved to another host server then you would NOT need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.