Error logging does not turn off – 403 and 404 Theme Error Logging code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Error logging does not turn off – 403 and 404 Theme Error Logging code

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Doug B.
    Participant

I’m assuming that if we added the error logging code to our theme’s 404 and 403 pages manually then the buttons to turn on or turn off error logging on the Security Log / HTTP Error Log settings page have no effect.

I ask because I keep pressing the button to turn off error logging but it keeps recording the errors.

If that is correct then you should probably add some help text saying that in the next update.

Oh and I tried to put this question in the BulletProof Security Free  forum but your forum refuses to let me log into the BulletProof Security Free forum. I log in click on the tab and my log in is cleared.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Topic has been moved to the BPS Free Forum

The new iframe World Clock that was recently added to the Forum header is causing problems with the Forum and will be removed shortly.

The Error Logging On and Off buttons only affect the BPS ErrorDocument .htaccess code in your root .htaccess file below and do not pertain to or affect any other code anywhere else on your website.  When the Error Log Turn Off buttons are click then this .htaccess code below in your root .htaccess file is commented out.  When you turn On Error logging then this .htaccess code below is uncommented.  You would need to comment out the error logging code that you have added to your Theme to stop error logging.

ErrorDocument 400 /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/400.php
    ErrorDocument 403 /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/403.php
    ErrorDocument 404 /404.php
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.