Error: Unable to create DB Table

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Error: Unable to create DB Table

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Avly
    Participant

Hi, I installed free BPS, and Setup wizard generated the following red errors on BulletProof Security Database Tables Setup:

Error: Unable to create DB Table xxxx_bpspro_seclog_ignore
    Error: Unable to create DB Table xxxx_bpspro_login_security
    Error: Unable to create DB Table xxxx_bpspro_db_backup
    Error: Unable to create DB Table xxxx_bpspro_mscan

Is this a problem that should be fixed? How?

Is maybe the solution the same as in this post?:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/setup-wizard-unable-to-install-bps-pro-db-tables/#post-41422

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Andrej

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, see if that solution works for you.  If it does not then your database probably has mixed Storage Engine tables and Collation.  If you see InnoDB and MyISAM mixed database tables then change the MyISAM database tables to InnoDB.

Changing the Storage Engine for database tables:

Open phpMyAdmin in your web host control panel.

Click on the table in phpmyadmin
    Click “Operations” on the top right.
    In the Table Options section choose your storage engine in the drop down menu. change to InnoDB instead of MyISAM.
    Click the Go button to save.

Changing the collation of your database
    Click the database name in the left pane.
    Click Operations in the top menu.
    Choose your desired collation from the dropdown menu. For WordPress you should use:  utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci or utf8mb4_unicode_ci.
    Click the Go button to save.

Avly
    Participant

Thank you for your quick answer.

I followed your advices but the problem persists. All my tables are InnoDB and utf8mb4_unicode_ci

Any other suggestion?

Best, Andrej

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try uninstalling and reinstalling BPS now.  If that does not work then are you using any sort of database caching like Redis? If so, you may need to flush your database cache > https://serverok.in/how-to-flush-redis-cache

Avly
    Participant

Hi, I uninstalled and reinstalled BPS – no change.

I don’t use Redis. I use WP-Optimize. I deactivated all plugins and reinstalled BPS – no change 🙁

Can you suggest any other solution?

Best, Andrej

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Out of ideas. Try asking your web host about this. Maybe they can figure out what is going on with your database.

Avly
    Participant

My web host say that they cannot reproduce this error on their side 🙁  And that I should contact you 🙂

Maybe the error is because this domain is temporarily redirected to my computer in hosts file?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS creates database tables based on the wp-config.php file database connection info.  A URL redirect would not cause this problem.

Avly
    Participant

OK. Thank’s a lot for your answers.

Best, Andrej

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Had another person who ran into this problem.  Appears to be either a problem with that person’s MariaDB server or something else on the host server. Another clue that most likely the MariaDB server is fubar is that you cannot change the database storage engine from MyISAM to InnoDB. The host was informed of the problem. BPS and BPS Pro are developed using a MariaDB server and 1,000’s of BPS Pro users have MariaDB servers. So the error message below does not mean their is an error in the BPS database table code. It instead means the DB server is damaged or misconfigured and cannot process the working good BPS database table creation code.

[23-Jun-2023 18:55:02 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 14 for query CREATE TABLE wp_bpspro_db_backup (
    bps_id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    bps_table_name text NOT NULL,
    bps_desc text NOT NULL,
    bps_job_type varchar(9) NOT NULL default '',
    bps_frequency varchar(7) NOT NULL default '',
    bps_last_job varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
    bps_next_job varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
    bps_next_job_unix varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',
    bps_email_zip varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',
    bps_job_created datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    UNIQUE KEY bps_id (bps_id)
    )
    COLLATE made by do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, bulletproof_security_admin_init, dbDelta
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.