Error: Unable to create or update File /wp-content/bps-backup/.htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Error: Unable to create or update File /wp-content/bps-backup/.htaccess

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nagappan
    Participant

I got this two messages in Red while running up the setup wizard., Can you people help meout in this?

Error: Unable to create or update File /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/.htaccess
    Error: Unable to create or update File /home/xxxxx/domains/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/master-backups/.htaccess

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can disregard those Setup Wizard error messages.  That error checking code has a bug in it that has already been fixed in BPS Pro 15.  BPS Pro 15 will be released in 3-7 days from now.  Note: Those errors only occur on first time installations of BPS Pro when running the Setup Wizard for the first time.

Terri Zx
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having my first go at Setup Wizard Import.

I’m running BPS Pro 15.3, but I got the same two errors as the OP.

I was able to fix the first one by activating Master htaccess Folder BulletProof Mode (MBM).

However activating BPS Backup Folder BulletProof Mode (BBM) is not fixing the second one (Error: Unable to create or update File /…/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/master-backups/.htaccess). I’ve run the Pre-install Wizard/Setup Wizard twice and still no joy.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Terri Zx – Get a new BPS Pro zip file from the BPS Pro Download Area > https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/.  There was a “last minute” bug that was fixed in BPS Pro 15.3.

Terri Zx
    Participant

Thank you! That fixed it.

Do I need to re-install on all of my sites? I updated them to 15.3 evidently before the last-minute fix (I always do the zip install for updates). If it’s just a matter of that particular error showing up on new installs, or it’s just a “cosmetic” error, perhaps the version I have is ok?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Terri Zx – The last minute bugs that were fixed would only affect new installations of BPS Pro.  So for any of your sites that have had BPS Pro installed for a while you would not need to do anything else/additional.  ie a manual reinstall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.