error_log file being created

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro error_log file being created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    protection
    Participant

I’m using WP 4.9.1, BPS Pro 13.4

I have an external folder created on my root, for scripts outside of my WP installation. Previously if there was a PHP error in one of those scripts, the error message would be written to where I specified in the BPS PHP Error Log (/xxx/xxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log). Lately it just creates an error_log file within the current directory instead of writing to bps_php_error.log.

It does write correctly to bps_php_error.log when I select the “test error log” button, as well as when I encounter a warning/error within any WP files/folders, but not for files outside of the WP installation.

I checked that the php.ini file being loaded was the one on my root (via phpinfo()). Here are some of the values in that file:

log_errors = on
    display_errors = off
    error_log = /xxx/xxx/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

Do I need to specify my php.ini location somewhere in my root .htaccess file?

Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ protection – Sorry not sure what the correct answer would be. Maybe check with your host support.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.