error_log files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro error_log files quarantined

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Margaret
    Participant

Hi,  I just all of a sudden (yesterday and today) had quite a few files go into quarantine.  I was having issues with PHP errors and someone from your company suggested that I contact my theme people.  I did and they were not able to recreate the problem.  I didn’t give any passwords or anything, so could they have caused these errors?

Not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance!

[/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-includes/ID3/error_log]"
    [/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-includes/ID3/error_log]"
    /home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/ID3/error_log]
    [/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-includes/widgets/error_log]" " [/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-includes/widgets/error_log]" /home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/widgets/error_log]
    [/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-includes/widgets/error_log]" [/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-includes/widgets/error_log]"

/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/widgets/error_log]
    [/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/customize/error_log]"
    /home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/customize/error_log]
    [/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/ID3/error_log]
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your web host is creating default server php error logs in all folders under your hosting account.  It would be best if you contact your web host and ask them to change your php configuration file (php.ini) to only create 1 default server php error log instead of creating multiple php error logs under all of your website folders.  What you can do for now is just restore all of these quarantined error log files using the Quarantine Restore option.

If you do not want to contact your web host and/or you would just like to resolve this issue then you would need to create AutoRestore single file exclude rules for each of the error_log files so that they are not checked and quarantined by AutoRestore.  These are the 3 AutoRestore single file exclude rules below that you would need to create.  Note: Since your host server is configured to create default server error_log files in every single website folder under your hosting account then there could be 100’s if not 1000’s more of these default server error_log files.  So it is best to contact your web host to have them change that so there is only 1 default server error_log file.

/home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/ID3/error_log
    /home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/widgets/error_log
    /home2/mkukuc/public_html/livelikenooneelse.com/wp-includes/customize/error_log

AutoRestore|Quarantine steps for creating single file exclude rules

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

Issue|Problem:
    • Files are being repeatedly quarantined. For this example I will use the error_log file.

Solution:
    Do these steps below to create an AutoRestore single file exclude rule for /xxxxx/public_html/error_log file. Note: This example is using the error_log file path for this example. If the file and file path that is being quarantined is a different filename and file path then use that filename and file path for your AutoRestore single file exclude rule.

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Go to the Quarantine page and restore the error_log file that was quarantined.
    3. Go back to AutoRestore > click on the Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page > under the Exclude Folders & Files form > select Exclude an Individual File > Enter an Exclude Folder or File Path: /xxxxx/public_html/error_log
    4. Click the Exclude button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back on.

Margaret
    Participant

Thanks so much for your help.  I will contact the web host.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.