eShop – plugin conflict or is website hacked?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free eShop – plugin conflict or is website hacked?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hhart

Using Bulletproof free v.  47.1 I attempted to install the latest eshop v. 6.3.2. When eshop plugin was activated, I could no longer load the website in Firefox or Chrome. Got this message (from firefox) Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.
    But, the site did load in IE and that is when I saw that the site had been hacked with a redirect to some other site.

Actually the front page of my site looked just fine, but when any link on the nav bar was clicked, it went to some other site. First thing I did was uninstall and delete eshop, but that didn’t help.

Then I renamed the .htaccess file using my ftp program and that didn’t help. Then I deactivated Bulletproof and that didn’t help.
    So, I then uploaded a previous version of my. htaccess file that I has the bulletproof code in it and that fixed the problem.

Also, I have now reactivated bulletproof and the website is working fine with all nav links going to the internal pages on the site.
    But, now I am confused.  Did eshop change the htaccess file and in doing so, allowed the hacked code to go into action? Can any plugin change the htaccess code when bulltetproof is activated 1, Trying to determine if eshop is the problem or not 2. Also am wondering where the hacked code is hidden 3. I also have a bunch of 301 redirected code in the htaccess file as this is a newly rebuilt website 4. So did the loop problem come from the 301 redirects, the hacked code or what?

any help in this matter would be great. Thanks
    I tried to post hte code of the 2 htaccess files but cannot figure out how to make it readable in this editor not to mention that all my page breaks have disappeared.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If your website has been hacked then you can try and use a scanning plugin like Wordfence, but keep in mind that Wordfence may not find all of the hackers hidden files.  In my professional opinion it is always better to restore your website from a good backup.  If you do not have a good backup then please take a look at this Forum Topic to see what to do next >>> http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-is-already-hacked-will-bps-pro-automatically-fix-or-remove-the-hackers-files-and-code/

hhart

Ok, so I installed bulletproof v. .47.1  on a test site and then installed eshop v. 6.3.2. and NO conflict.
    So at least we know there is not a conflict between these 2 plugins (at least on my server at HostNine).
    Question:  There is no evidence of my other site being hacked other than when I put in a default .htaccess file that was not encoded with any bulletproof coding.
    But when I put in the bulletproof coding, the site operates fine. So does this mean my site is hacked somehow but bulletproof is preventing the hacked code from working?
    Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, BPS htaccess code will prevent some hackers scripts from working correctly, but the bottom line is BPS is like the steel bank vault door.  If the hackers are already in the vault then BPS is not going to be able to stop them from stealing the $$$.  😉

hhart

Thanks….I did scan for malware but found none. Will probably have to install older backup and hope that fixes it! Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.