Cloning – Exclude Dynamic Folders – Temp/Cache

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Cloning – Exclude Dynamic Folders – Temp/Cache

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul D.
    Participant

Quick question, do I need to click the 3 buttons (1. Save to DB , 2. Create Filter, 3. Exclude Folders Now) in the newly deployed clone site ? Or I can just leave it alone when setting up the new cloned site ?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The file that contains your exclude filters/rules is the class.php file.  If this file does not exist in the /bps-backup/master-backups folder then this could potentially be a problem.  The class.php file is a special case file that is handled/treated dynamically to ensure that your website is always using your class.php with you particular exclude rules and not the standard class.php file that comes with BPS Pro.

As long as the /bps-backup/master-backups folder is included in the clone then you will not have a problem and would not need to click the 3 exclude filter buttons.  Or at bare minimum the class.php file should be included in the clone by itself without any other master-backups files.   /bps-backup/master-backups/class.php

Paul D.
    Participant

I don’t see any documentation regarding class.php… or any steps needed to undertake that scenario.

So, is it safe to assume that we need to do the 3 button clicking OR not ? I understand that based on your plugin documentation :

Backs up your BPS Master htaccess files to the /wp-content/bps-backup/master-backups folder.
    There is no Restore feature for the BPS Master htaccess files because you should be using the latest most current BPS Master htaccess security coding and plugin fixes included in the most current version of the BPS master .htacess files.

So I gathered based on the documentation(s) provided that the current htaccess is the current secure one.. And the file being backed up is the current htaccess (ie secure.htaccess)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Check the clone.  Do you see the /bps-backup/master-backups folder and the class.php file in the master-backups folder in that clone?  If so, then there will not be a problem and you will not need to click the 3 buttons.  I will add some help information about that to the migration, move, clone forum topic.

If you want to click the 3 exclude buttons then yes you can do that of course.  That will guarantee that you will not encounter a problem, but is not  necessary if the class.php file already exists in the clone.

The secure.htaccess file is the Master .htaccess file created when you click the Root BulletProof Mode Activate button.  Your current root .htaccess file is your currently active/live .htaccess file in use.  Only your currently active .htaccess files are stored in /master-backups.  The secure.htaccess Master file is stored under the /bulletproof-security plugin folder and is not important/does not need to be backed up. Obsolete BPS no longer uses this feature: The reason for this is because with one click you can create a new Master file with [obsolete-removed] so there is no point in backing that file up.

Also the wording of that help information needs to be updated a bit.  It should be rephrased in a way that better suits the new developments that have occurred in new generations of BPS Pro.

Paul D.
    Participant

Thank you sir.

That clarified things for us.

Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Forum topic regarding backups, moves and cloning has been updated with this new help information.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/

NOTE:  The /bps-backup/master-backups folder should be included in your Clone or Backup.  When you perform step 6 the /bps-backup/master-backups folder should automatically be included in your clone or backup.  If it is not already included or you have intentionally not included the /bps-backup folder then change this and include the /bps-backup folder in your Backup or Clone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.