Failed to load plugin url

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Failed to load plugin url

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Matt Zahy
    Participant

Hi,

i am getting this error message when trying to edit any page on my site:

Failed to load plugin url:

xxx/wp-content/plugins/revs…code_generator/tinymce.js

Seems that almost all files from the plugins directly can’t load.

I was trying to run setup wizard but it doesn’t help

Can you please help me to set up the exceptions?

Thanks a lot!!

Best Regards

Matt

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The WordPress “Failed to load plugin url” error message means that the file cannot be found at that location for some reason.  The error does not mean the file is being blocked by BPS Pro or something else.

Do standard WP troubleshooting steps > deactivate all plugins and activate them one by one to find the plugin that is generating the error message.

Or this is some kind of caching or minification problem > https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/failed-to-load-plugin-tinymce-pre-js/. Clear/delete all plugin cache and Browser cache. If you are minifying js scripts then disable that. js scripts should never be minified for any reason or you will see this WP error “Failed to load plugin url” or other errors or js scripts simply will not work correctly. js minification is known to break things in plugins.

Matt Zahy
    Participant

Hi, i have contacted the support of my theme and they are now sure the problem is caused by BPS Pro:

that is not related here. Minified files, when minified correctly do not cause any issues.
    After having a first look the Problem here is caused by the security plugin.
    The plugin created a htaccess file which is blocking all JS files from the admin area as long as they are not added to the whitelist.
    Of you open your FTP Client and then move to this folder:

xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins

There is a .htaccess file – check the content of this file or remove for testing and you will see that all files are loading correctly

can you please help me the resoöve the issue?

thanks
    Matt

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Send me a WordPress Administrator login to this website to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The problem is fixed.  The problem was that at some point you installed BPS free over the BPS Pro plugin and the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file was still in the /plugins/ folder.  Since BPS Pro was not installed then the Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode feature did not exist in BPS free and could not update your IP address or add new plugin whitelist rules in the Plugin Firewall htaccess file.

BPS Pro is now installed on your site and everything is now working normally.

Matt Zahy
    Participant

Hi, thank you again for the great help. I just found out that i have same problem on my other website. In some point the BPS Pro became Free. I am not sure how it happens but i think it was some update of WP or BPS taht made the mixup.  Can you pls write me the right steps to change it back to BPS Pro? Thank you

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

To keep your existing BPS settings use these steps.

Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.
    Download a new BPS Pro zip file > https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/
    Install the BPS Pro zip file using the WordPress > Plugins > Upload Zip Installer.
    Go to the Setup Wizard page > run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

Matt Zahy
    Participant

Thank you for the manual – It works good. I can now confirm that BPS have changed “itself” to Free version on all my websites. I am still not sure what caused that, may be you can look into it.

thanks
    Matt

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This particular problem was a known problem that has already been fixed.  This problem did occur in older versions of BPS Pro, but can no longer occur since it has been fixed.  So most likely this problem occurred due to having an older version of BPS Pro installed and using the WP Plugins page > View Version X Details link to install an upgrade for BPS Pro.  The View Version X Details link now displays a JSON page on my API server that does not have an Install button.  You can only upgrade BPS Pro on the Plugins page by clicking the update now link.

Matt Zahy
    Participant

Thank you for the great support!

Matt Zahy
    Participant

Hi,

i am reporting again same problem – the BPS Pro went “itself” to free mode. Looks like its something that occours after automatic update of the plugin. And again it caused my site to go offline. Please take a look at this issue. thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Neither WordPress or BPS Pro would automatically install the BPS free plugin instead of the BPS Pro plugin.  Do you have any plugins installed that automatically update any other plugins or anything else that handles automatic updates for plugins?  If so, disable the automatic update for the BPS Pro plugin in that other plugin or other automatic plugin installer that handles automatic updates for other plugins.  BPS Pro has its own custom automatic plugin update feature.  See the steps below to fix this problem and enable the BPS Pro Plugin auto-update feature.

To keep your existing BPS settings use these steps.

Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.
    Download a new BPS Pro zip file > https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/
    Install the BPS Pro zip file using the WordPress > Plugins > Upload Zip Installer.
    Go to the Setup Wizard page > run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.
    Go to the WordPress Plugins page > under the BPS Pro plugin description > click the Enable BPS Pro auto-updates link > choose the BPS Pro Plugin auto-update option settings that you want to use > click the Save Options button.

Matt Zahy
    Participant

Hi,

i had activated “automatic update” in plugin page – now i switched it off and set only autoupdate inside the BPS. Should be ok right?

thanks I had used the steps from our last conversation to get back to Pro with saved settings.

Best Regards

Matt

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It’s possible that the WordPress automatic plugin update option setting in combination with something else could install BPS free instead of BPS Pro.  Scenarios that I have seen that cause this type of problem are someone has a plugin like the Easy Updates Manager plugin installed and has chosen to automatically update BPS Pro.  BPS Pro should only be updated by BPS Pro and not any other plugins or option settings.  The solution in that type of scenario is to turn off/disable automatic updates for the BPS Pro plugin in other plugins or option settings and to only use the custom BPS Pro auto-update option setting under the BPS Pro plugin description.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.