Fatal error message

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Fatal error message

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Allan
    Participant

I get a fatal error message. Below is the message. I have deactivated all plugins and have the latest WordPress update 6.1.1. I have a pro account.  I have tried to use the pro version and the fatal error below happens however when I use the free version it works fine.  I even tried to load the pro version after I activated the free version but that did not work.

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/arq-cron.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php on line 120

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/arq-cron.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php on line 120

Thanks
    Allan Shaw

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The php error means the arq-cron.php file has most likely been quarantined/removed by your web host’s malware scanner.  It looks like your web host is:  DreamIT.  Another person reported this problem not too long ago and their web host is:  Hostinger.  My guess is that both web hosts are using the same malware scanner and a new rule was created in that malware scanner that is falsely detecting valid code in the arq-cron.php file as malicious and quarantining/deleting that file.

Now for the good news:  I have changed the code in the arq-cron.php file so that malware scanners will not falsely see that code as malicious.  I will be releasing BPS Pro 17.1 in a few hours.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro 17.1 has been released.  Upgrade to BPS Pro 17.1 if possible on the WordPress Plugins page.  If you are not able to upgrade BPS Pro on the WordPress Plugins page then use FTP or your web host control panel File Manager tool, delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder, download the BPS Pro 17.1 zip file from:  https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/ and use the WordPress Plugins Upload Zip installer to install the BPS Pro 17.1 zip file.

Allan
    Participant

Hi updated to the new version 7.1 but I get the following error: To me it looks almost the same as the other error before.

Warning: require_once(/home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php on line 118

Fatal error</b>: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in <b>/home/oexdizeq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php</b> on line <b>118

I have deactivated all my plugins and tried to install BulletProof but the same error came up.  I hope you can help me it is becoming a bit urgent now.  Today I had someone add themselves as an admin to my WP site.  Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Allan

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/error-installing-bp-pro-after-using-bp-free/#post-117

This is a very common problem that occurs when using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip) for first time installations of BPS Pro (or other plugins as well).

Issue/Problem: Fatal Errors when upgrading from BPS free to BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip).

Solution (short version):  Use FTP or use your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ (bulletproof-security2, bulletproof-security3,…) plugin folder name back to just /bulletproof-security/ (removing any numbers that have been appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name by PclZip). Go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Activate link under BulletProof Security Pro plugin. In some cases you may only need to refresh/reload your Browser on the WordPress Plugins page to activate the BPS Pro plugin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.