Fatal error on activation – No such file or directory in /bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Fatal error on activation – No such file or directory in /bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  R Thomas 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just installed BulletProof Security Pro v11.5 on my site and tried to activate but it triggers a fatal error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Warning: require_once(../wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ../wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php on line 78

I had no issues at all with the free version.

Please advise how to correct this.

AITpro Admin

R Thomas

I deactivated all plugins accept a maintenance plugin and still I’m receiving this error.

<b>Warning</b>: require_once(/home/awaken37/public_html/awakenchange.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/awaken37/public_html/awakenchange.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php</b> on line <b>68</b>
    <b>Fatal error</b>: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/awaken37/public_html/awakenchange.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/awaken37/public_html/awakenchange.net/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security-1/bulletproof-security.php</b> on line <b>68</b>

Please advise on how to fix.  Thank you

AITpro Admin

This is a very common problem that occurs when using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip) for first time installations of BPS Pro (or other plugins as well).
    Issue/Problem: Fatal Errors when upgrading from BPS free to BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip).

Solution (short version): Use FTP or use your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ (bulletproof-security2, bulletproof-security3,…) plugin folder name back to just /bulletproof-security/ (removing any numbers that have been appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name by PclZip). Go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Activate link under BulletProof Security Pro plugin. In some cases you may only need to refresh/reload your Browser on the WordPress Plugins page to activate the BPS Pro plugin.

R Thomas

Thank you.  I was able to activate the plugin and enter the activation key successfully, but now I am Unable to access the Setup Wizard. Please help.

When I “Click Here to go to the BPS Pro Setup Wizard page.”, nothing happens and I’m getting an error message for activation.  See below.

BPS Pro Setup Wizard Notification
    BPS Pro has been Activated successfully.
    Click Here to go to the BPS Pro Setup Wizard page.
    Click the Pre-Installation Wizard button first and then click the Setup Wizard button.
    Error: Invalid|Incorrect BPS Pro Activation Key
    Go to the BPS Pro Activation page, enter a valid Activation Key and click the Save Activation Key button.
    Note: If you can see the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard buttons then disregard this error message.

AITpro Admin

@ R Thomas – I see that something odd is happening in the API Server logs.  Are you using your correct BPS Pro Download-Request Key?  Try these steps:
    1. Delete your current Activation Key
    2. Do the BPS Pro Activation steps again.

R Thomas

I sent an activation key request to
    for website awakenchange.net.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.