File Upload Size Limit

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro File Upload Size Limit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been trying to troubleshoot an issue recently on my GoDaddy Managed WordPress sites that run the BPS Pro plugin. It seems like there’s some kind of file size upload limit or maybe a timeout happening. I uploaded a .user.ini file with the following content to raise the normal upload limit from 64MB to 1000MB:

post_max_size = 1000M
    upload_max_filesize = 1000M

It seems I can upload files up to 90MB, but for any files above that size, I get a very plain “HTTP error.” I tested a GDMWP site without BPS Pro as well, and there I was able to upload files up to 200MB (still not the desired 1000MB, but at least I could see that it made a difference to have BPS Pro installed).

Is there any setting in BPS Pro that could cause this issue?

Thank you!
    Jutta

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope, BPS does not have any settings or anything else that affects file uploads or file upload size limits.  That is going to be a host restriction or limitation issue that you will need to contact your host support folks about.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. You’re saying it’s hosting even though I tested the same things on a site with BPS Pro installed and one without BPS Pro and the results were different? The GDMWP site with BPS Pro installed will only allow me to upload files up to 90MB. The GDMWP site without BPS Pro will allow me to upload files up to 200MB.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

File upload size limit is controlled by the directive settings that you add in your server’s php.ini file, which is a PHP server configuration file.  Also each individual host server under a hosting account may have different restrictions or limitations at the server level.  Just because your websites are hosted under 1 hosting account does not necessarily mean that all of your websites are being hosted on the same host server.  You can check the BPS System Info page to see which host server each website is hosted on.  BPS Pro does not have any settings or features or anything else that has anything at all to do with file upload size limits.  Another possibility is that you need to increase this php.ini directive setting:  max_execution_time = 300 depending on how you are trying to upload files.  max_execution_time affects PHP script processing/execution, but would not affect FTP file uploading.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thank you for explaining! Really appreciate it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.