Folder Lock Disabled Itself?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Folder Lock Disabled Itself?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hello,

I used to have Folder Lock turned on for my dedicated server (SiteGround) and managed server (GoDaddy) websites. Recently, while developing new sites and comparing BPS Pro settings from one site to another, I noticed that Folder Lock was disabled, when it should have been enabled.

Is there anything that can cause Folder Lock to disable itself? I noticed on your Features page, under F-Lock/File Lock, it mentions this note:

Setup Wizard Note: The BPS Setup Wizard sets up all BPS plugin options automatically with optimum default settings. You can of course change any BPS plugin option settings to your personal preferences.

Is it possible that running the wizards would change my custom Folder Lock settings?

Thanks for the help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Folder Lock was created in BPS Pro 11.5. The only change that I see was in BPS Pro 12. Change: F-Lock > Folder Lock: Removed checkboxes from Folder Lock Form for WP Core folders: wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes so these folders cannot be locked by mistake. Folder Lock is not enabled by default since it is an optional feature. So that means you would need to turn it On for first time BPS Pro installations. Running the Setup Wizard will not change any of your BPS Pro plugin settings. The Setup Wizard is designed to keep all of your existing BPS Pro plugin settings when you re-run the Setup Wizard. My guess would be that Folder Lock was never turned On on this site or maybe BPS Pro was uninstalled on this site at some point and Folder Lock was not turned On again.

Living Miracles
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.