AutoRestore Automation Error – AutoRestore Automation failed to backup all WP Core files during the WordPress Upgrade

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro AutoRestore Automation Error – AutoRestore Automation failed to backup all WP Core files during the WordPress Upgrade

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Walter Tengler
    Participant

Hello,

since the latest version of BPS pro I am forced to run the setup wizard after every time I do an automated plugin/theme or translation update.

Following message: “AutoRestore Automation Error
    AutoRestore Automation failed to backup all WP Core files during the WordPress Upgrade. AutoRestore is currently turned Off to prevent new WP Core files from being quarantined.
    Click Here to go to the Setup Wizard page. Click the Pre-installation Wizard button and the Setup Wizard button to complete the WordPress Core file backup and to turn AutoRestore back On again.”

Is it a bug?

Thanks
    Walter

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Nope, not a bug at all.  It is a new AutoRestore Automation FailSafe as of BPS Pro 12.5 that prevents files from being quarantined when something interferes with or breaks BPS Pro AutoRestore Automation.  If this FailSafe was not doing what it is now supposed to be doing then you would have the problem of restoring files from Quarantine.

Walter Tengler
    Participant

Hello,

thanks, it just happens on all WordPress installs whenever I do some plugin/theme update. Before never seen that. What can I do to get rid of it? Could it be server related?

Thanks
    Walter

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You are missing the point.  The new AutoRestore Automation FailSafe check makes sure that ALL files that were installed/updated/upgraded were successfully backed up to AutoRestore backup by AutoRestore Automation.  If ALL files were not successfully backed up by AutoRestore Automation then the FailSafe kicks in and will NOT turn AutoRestore back On.  Yes, it could be a server problem or it could a problem with another plugin you have installed or it could be a problem with your Theme or several other possible causes for what is breaking AutoRestore Automation.  The important point is this:  The AutoRestore Automation FailSafe prevents files from being quarantined when something ELSE interferes with or breaks AutoRestore Automation.  So that means on your particular website/server you will need to run the Wizards again to complete AutoRestore Automation.  You could of course attempt to figure out what is causing the problem, but that could be very difficult and time consuming.  Having to run the Wizards again if/when something else breaks AutoRestore Automation takes about 1-2 minutes and is simple and easy to do.  So my recommendation is that you continue to run the Wizards if/when something else breaks AutoRestore Automation on your website/server.

Walter Tengler
    Participant

Thanks for clarification!

Walter

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

As it turns out the AutoRestore Automation FailSafe was working correctly, but not in the way that it was intended to work for Bulk Plugin or Theme updates.  There was a missing condition in the AJAX filter function, which has been added/fixed in BPS Pro 12.6.  So yes the FailSafe prevented files from being quarantined due to actual bug in the new FailSafe code.  Ironic.  😉

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Okay, so I’m confused.  I’ve also been experiencing the same problem across all my sites since the last update. Everytime I run an update, plugin or otherwise I’m getting the error. Are you saying there is a problem and it will be fixed, or the problem’s at our end still?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, that problem has been fixed in BPS Pro 12.6.  We also decided to completely automate all other things – Shiny, Bulk, Manual, Automatic Updates and installations for WP Core, Plugins and Themes – some of these things previously required an additional one-click link to complete AutoRestore Automation (most things did not require an additional one-click).  That is no longer necessary.  If something actually really does fail during an upgrade or installation then that will be the only time the AutoRestore Automation Error message will be displayed. Currently the message is being displayed even though everything completed successfully and if there is an actual problem. 😉  BPS Pro 12.6 will be released sometime in the next 4-7 days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.