W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    calm
    Participant

Hi. After updating W3Total cache and then doing a contents folder backup (I forgot to turn off ARQ before updating) my wp dashboard/monitor went white. I followed instructions to temporarily change plugin folder name with /plugins-hold through ftp, but still cannot log in and get this error message:

W3 Total Cache Error: some files appear to be missing or out of place. Please re-install plugin or remove /home/cmgg2com/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php.

What is next to remedy? Thanks, Cal.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

remove/delete /home/cmgg2com/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php.

Log back in, turn off ARQ, unlock your root .htaccess file and wp-config.php file, reinstall w3tc, backup your files in ARQ and turn ARQ back on.

calm
    Participant

Alright, had to remove other .php files as well but I am in dashboard again. Thanks a whole bunch! Will follow your further instructions. Thanks again. Cal. PS, don’t close thread yet I might be back. lol.

calm
    Participant

Report. After following last instructions and login into dashboard, went to installed plugins and a list of my plugins had message attached to each that stated no plugins were found due to error. No Bulletproof. Went back to ftp (forgot to change wp-content/plugins back to original name) which then caused white screen again.

Changed wp-content/plugins folder to include -hold and got back into site. Then went back to ftp as originally instructed and changed plugins folder back to original name and all plugins reappeared, only deactivated.

1st I deleted W3 Total Cache and re-activated BulletProof.  turned off ARC, cleaned everything up, re-installed W3 Total Cache all is back to normal. Just need to re-activate the rest of plugins and redo settings where necessary and good to go again.

Thanks again – good to close thread. Cal.

I’m sure I will be back another day to master a new surprise!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.